By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSN alone almost generated the same sales than all of Nintendo in 2015

Dunban67 said:
baloofarsan said:

Here are the same numbers in a table that includes 2012-2013.

I have searched for the source of these numbers many times but have not found any.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BeNAZ5bCYAA0g-W.jpg

i have seen these numbers floating around the net for a few years as well-  but they have no source that i have ever seen and therefore no way to know how acurate or if they are even remotely acurate-    i am 99.5% sure the Sony numbers are not from Sony because they did not report their gaming division numbers broken out back then as they do now -        this is one of those things that make its way around the net enough and people see enough they just assume its true-  happens all the time unfortunately

They're incorrect for all 3. Don't use these. 

Around the Network

I wonder if a big reason for PSN sales being so good is the Vita, not for the huge numbers of game sales.... but just the fact that if you own the console pretty much you are forced to choose between buying 3 year old titles left to rot at €40-50 here in Gamestop or else go on PSN where atm you got the sale on going with the new Digimon game already on sale for €19.99 and tons of other offers and great new games.... just basically how impossible it is (here in Ireland) to get physical Vita games means all revenue for that system is going to be through PSN, unless €50 copies of Ridge Racer is what you think the Vita is capable of haha.

Also.... cool stat!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

This thread sure is something.

Good for Sony. Hopefully they can use this money to actually get rid of some of their massive amount of debt so they don't have to close any more studios or sell anymore buildings.

FloatingWaffles said:

Good for Sony. Hopefully they can use this money to actually get rid of some of their massive amount of debt so they don't have to close any more studios or sell anymore buildings.

Close Studios isn't something tied to the Profit, is something tied to the Studio's Productivity, Driveclub wasn't a big success, and the Studio don't had any plans of a new big game in the near future.

Close studios is aways a bad decision, the Company need to be very cautious about this, they can close a Studio, that would release a new Hit.

Kerotan said:
JetSetter said:
Oh man here we go. Anyways given that PS4 now has paid online it shouldn't be that much of a surprise that revenue is up in the end. Also got to take into account that digital and DLC are only growing in presence from here on out.

That leads me to a big question.  Will Nintendo start charging for online? 

NEVER!

...instead they will release Amiibo that unlock online playtime

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
FloatingWaffles said:

They have been having profits lately, that time is already gone.

why do people mention about buildings and not stuff like this?

http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/4/9848222/sony-buys-toshiba-image-sensor-business

Lawlight said:
Mar1217 said:
So ? It's nothing surprising when you know there's million of people who are willing to pay a forced online service by Sony ...

Nobody is forced to pay for PS+. That's like saying that people are forced to buy Nintendo games.

You are correct, but if i really think about say watching netflix on my PS4 or Hulu+ then i get a little salty.  I pay for PS+, I pay for the service, then I pay for the internet connection ... locking TV streaming behind PS+ is kinda bullshit.

Edit: Bolded is not factual - see below for explination of my perception of my particular situation.

The_Yoda said:
Lawlight said:

Nobody is forced to pay for PS+. That's like saying that people are forced to buy Nintendo games.

You are correct, but if i really think about say watching netflix on my PS4 or Hulu+ then i get a little salty.  I pay for PS+, I pay for the service, then I pay for the internet connection ... locking TV streaming behind PS+ is kinda bullshit.

Surely you dont need PS+ for Netflix?

KLXVER said:
The_Yoda said:

You don't, no.

Teeqoz said:
KLXVER said:

You don't, no.

I thought so.