By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers made a new blog post about the NX's software output

If it's a combined library, 25 games or so in one year is very doable. 2 first party titles a month would be impressive. It's worth noting too, that Nintendo dramatically increased the size of their headquarters and staff beginning about 3 years ago. The fruits of that labour would only be beginning to be seen now.

Around the Network

Yeah, that does seem ridiculous. To have that many games in 1-2 years on just 1st party output alone seems farfetched. How do they change things to have a faster output? Hire a lot of new people, or make a lot of smaller games? Maybe they'll be doing a lot of ports, as well as having a lot of Wii U titles in development moved to NX.

Well, as long as it has a good early line up, that'll be good.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

TheLastStarFighter said:
If it's a combined library, 25 games or so in one year is very doable. 2 first party titles a month would be impressive. It's worth noting too, that Nintendo dramatically increased the size of their headquarters and staff beginning about 3 years ago. The fruits of that labour would only be beginning to be seen now.

Link?

Sounds almost too good to be true, so it probably is.

But I am crossing my fingers.

What did Emily get right except Paper Mario announcement?

Srassy said:
That's actually a bit worrying if true as I don't think the problem was with Nintendo's first party stuff. They need to appeal to third parties more.

The speeding up development makes me wonder if they'll reduce quality or not.

Honestly Nintendo's game have such great quality I wouldn't mind a little bit less quality for quicker releases. I do agree about third party though. If Nintedo can get Third party I could see myself jumping ship to Nintendo. They have a lot of great first party games.

Around the Network

So, quantity over quality?

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:
So, quantity over quality?

That's one of the possible scenarios, unfortunately. The other two ways I see to achieve this could be

-Smaller scale games: As Kagerow said earlier, more Captain Toad or Metroid Federation Force and less 3D Mario or full scale Metroid.

-Games with less content: So shorter or with less tracks/fighters... and of course, with more DLC.

And in my opinion, they are equally bad.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

If Ninteendo is actually releasing the same games for the NX and their portable component (which I really hope is not the case), then it would make sense that it would have significantly more games than Wii U did. It would have to be at least 2x as much, and 3 wouldn't be a stretch.

This is really hard to comment on without knowing exactly what NX is, but I'll give it a bash.
If we assume NX is a console and look at it like it's the next Wii U (which we've been told isn't really the case), then sure it becomes hard to believe that console could get that many games, but that's also assuming that Nintendo hasn't had games in development for NX for 2-3 years already (with many previously being Wii U exclusives that got ported over to NX for release there) and also assuming that a decent amount would all be decent sized projects, which likely isn't the case anyway.

Nintendo have already talked about unifying their development process, so maybe it's more a case of what would have been Wii U and 3DS developments are now all on NX.
Remasters and smaller projects like Wind Waker HD or Star Fox Guard or even Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker didn't take that long to make or require tonnes of resources from Nintendo, perhaps Nintendo has a dozen or so things like that in the works for NX and they plan to have those out by Fall 2017.
Maybe Nintendo has a lot indies they're publishing.

Emily may mean that NX is getting the same level of output Wii U got between launch and the end of 2015, not 2016. 3 and a bit years would still be 3-4 years. 31 releases is more reasonable than close to 40.

Maybe some things that can be released as standalone things are also kinda like DLC for a bigger game, but they can be counted as individual things. Like a Pokken seasons kinda thing or Smash, Mario Kart seasonal things.

Imagine if Wii U and 3DS were one platform, most things work on Wii U.
Usually Wii U would only have 10 games, but 3DS also gets 20 or 30 of it's own that can now be counted as Wii U games as well, that all of a sudden massively amps up the level of releases on Wii U too.

It could mean that NX has about 15 or so core games, with some along the lines of Captain Toad, Splatoon style titles that could be produced quickly, along with the major releases and Nintendo got their act together more with NX as a platform compared to Wii U, which only had like 5-6 core titles each year.

Maybe she is just majorly over-blowing things and while NX has considerably better output compared to Wii U, it's not really on that level of volume.
Personally I'm leaning on the idea that NX has a combination of handheld and console releases, maybe 4-6 major AA/AAA releases coming in it's first 12 months, along with a high volume or A and indie level exclusives, plus standalone releases that can be combined into a single big thing (maybe Pokemon finally got that big release on a console and it can be bought in separate packs to play specific areas of the game).

Hopefully we'll find out some information on this stuff soon.
I've only read the first page of this thread, so forgive me if Emily did elaborate a bit on what she means.

Hmm, not sure what I think about this leak

Tagging

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]