By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why PS4 'Neo' is a natural evolution of the console cycle

Shiken said:
It is not. Even if it sells well, the whole concept is stupid and anyone who supports this garbage is a fool. There is no small bump that justifies rebuying a slightly stronger version of the same hardware with no new software, no new features, and will probably be the new PS4 when the PS5 comes out. This is a horrible step in the wrong direction trying to milk the consumers into buying full priced consoles twice as much.

Sony or any console manufacture make 0% profit of the console unit sales themselves. 

Sony does it for the loyal fans who are ethusiasts on their console, just like with any hobby or product

Around the Network

I hope it sells poorly. We don't need consoles to become PC's. If this happens with Microsoft, I'll be jumping ship to Nintendo!

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:

I hope it sells poorly. We don't need consoles to become PC's. If this happens with Microsoft, I'll be jumping ship to Nintendo!

Good look with missing out on 90% of the multi platform games. Not really an option for a lot of gamers.

spemanig said:
And it'll sell well too.

I was saying this months ago.

No. No it won't. This will cause PS4 sales to flatline.

I support this idea, I've always said choice is a good thing

(Most likely won't buy it personally tho)

[] [] [] {} [] 

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:
barneystinson69 said:

Good look with missing out on 90% of the multi platform games. Not really an option for a lot of gamers.

May as well. I didn't get into console gaming to be a PC gamer...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:
AnthonyW86 said:

May as well. I didn't get into console gaming to be a PC gamer...

How is this making you a PC gamer?

If you're a PS4 owner who isn't interested in the updated model, ignore it go about your business. Based on the information we have so far, it won't have any effect on your ability to use the PS4 the same way you are now.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

spemanig said:
And it'll sell well too.

I was saying this months ago.

Didn't PS4K rumour just started this April or late March? Are you saying you predicted this from Sony?

That's ridiculous. Who wants to buy a new console every 3 years. Why would people jump ship to PC? Because you don't throw you PC away after 3 years, you just upgrade its components.

Volterra_90 said:
As long as they don't make a lot of PS4k exclusives, and the PS4 games perform well enough, not like shit, it's fine. But we have to wait and see if that's right. N3DS has one exclusive (XC) a game which runs like shit in the old 3DS version (HW:Legends) and SNES games locked. Okey, it seems that they won't lock anything, but... I prefer to take a wait and see approach about it.

If you read the Giant Bomb article, devs are not allowed to make anything exclusive to the NEO. The way I read this is that the NEO is a bit like comparing say a PC with a GPU upgrade. You get potential benefit for graphic enhancements and framerate. That's it. It is 100% BC to the PS4 and ALL games that come out after the NEO is released must work on the classic PS4. Sony appears to put heavy restrictions on this.

Further, there is no chance of exclusive features on the NEO like "special" VR support or peripherial support, or exclusive DLC in games.