By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Student kicked off plane for speaking Arabic.

Magetto said:
If it makes everyone else feel at ease then it's for the best.

I feel threatened with you around on these forums.

Around the Network

"Home of the Brave" strikes again!

Normchacho said:
GProgrammer said:
I wonder what the response would be if he was an Israeli speaking Hebrew, which sounds like Arabic

That's an interesting question...I don't know. Part of me thinks he would have just explained that he was speaking Hebrew, and they would have left him alone.

I think they would of kicked him off first, as they always seem to er on the side of caution and then after an explantion perhaps then they would of let him on a following flight

I know it's wrong but it's been happening to multiple races for a while now. African Americans have a stigma that they're all dangerous and evil due to magnification of a few events. Now it's this. If your race does something or is known for something/causing something...you're gonna be held to the world's stigma. It's sad as hell but true. Blame Al Queda, Isis, and Hussein.

Seems these stories keep popping up, people have a gut reaction, then more details come out. Like with clock kid, Allison Rapp, etc. If the story went down exactly as the guy said, obviously that's terrible. But, there are always two sides.

Around the Network

15 million is a bit much lol

GProgrammer said:
Normchacho said:

That's an interesting question...I don't know. Part of me thinks he would have just explained that he was speaking Hebrew, and they would have left him alone.

I think they would of kicked him off first, as they always seem to er on the side of caution and then after an explantion perhaps then they would of let him on a following flight

Yeah, that's a good point. He probably would have still been kicked off, but probably not questioned by the FBI, and he probably would have been allowed to take another flight on the same airline home.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
hershel_layton said:
Hope he isn't like Clock Kid and demands cash

I'm sure he's already recieved several calls from lawyers about a lawsuit. Which, too be fair, he has every right to sue.

If the universe opened up a path for Lindsay Lohan's lawsuit against GTA 5 to move forward then:

1. There probably is no such thing as God and

2. This kid has every conceivable right to at least pursue damages. 

Ljink96 said:
I know it's wrong but it's been happening to multiple races for a while now. African Americans have a stigma that they're all dangerous and evil due to magnification of a few events. Now it's this. If your race does something or is known for something/causing something...you're gonna be held to the world's stigma. It's sad as hell but true. Blame Al Queda, Isis, and Hussein.

heh, considering how those 3 got to where they are/were that sentence reads like "blame the US³" to me

CosmicSex said:
Normchacho said:

I'm sure he's already recieved several calls from lawyers about a lawsuit. Which, too be fair, he has every right to sue.

If the universe opened up a path for Lindsay Lohan's lawsuit against GTA 5 to move forward then:

1. There probably is no such thing as God and

2. This kid has every concievable right to at least pursue damages. 

Both good points.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.