By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many blocks you have left?

I didn't think Wii worked with SD cards above 2GB.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network

Officially, Wii supports up to SD's 2GB (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/sdCards.jsp#purchase)

But there are 4GB SD's that work. And SDHC don't work...

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Mine is only 1/2 full and I am currently only interested in the FF game of those listed above.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

TomaTito said:

Officially, Wii supports up to SD's 2GB (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/sdCards.jsp#purchase)

But there are 4GB SD's that work. And SDHC don't work...

now is it b/c of hardware or b/c of software that is does not support it? 

You mean the SDHC?

Read people discussing if it could be supported with a firmware, but I have no idea if this is possible.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

716 blocks left i have a lot of vc games

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

None mine is full.

I have about 930 blocks left. I have a 2GB SD card just waiting to be filled up one day.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

SD cards don't do shit!

it takes at least 2 to 3 minutes to copy ANY type of file from the Wii to an SD card.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to run anything off the SD cards.
which means you cannot play Virtual Console games that are saved onto a SD card

Wii games CANNOT read game save files

The Wii CANNOT save game files directly to an SD card.

The only exception is Super Smash Bros Brawl. which allows you to save replays, pics, and stages onto an SD card, BUT you should realize that Brawl takes up 120 blocks of Wii memory so that those 120 blocks can be filled with saved items.

btw, i have 625 blocks remaining.
give us a friggin HDD or give us an update which allows the Wii to run files off the SD card!!!!!

Utilizing one of the USB ports for a hard drive would kick ass!

I don't think Nintendo would let us use 3rd party hard drives though...