By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VG$ ruining the forums

So what was to blame for all the pointless threads that were created before vg$?

I'm pretty sure boredom is the culprit, not imaginary currency.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

I am not trying to be rude or anything but I don't understand what is so great about VG$ can somebody please explain me?

ctk495 said:
I am not trying to be rude or anything but I don't understand what is so great about VG$ can somebody please explain me?

There is nothing great about vg$. It's just another e-peen yardstick, like your post count.

Supposedly, you could rack up a huge sum of vg$ by making accurate predictions in the prediction league, thereby proving your prodigious proficiency at prognostication. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I'd think that people would care more about how high their post count is than there VG$.

Off-topic threads aren't on the front page anymore now so it's all good.

DaSimkin said:
VG$ is ruining the forums. Far too many new threads on far too many stupid topics. Seems to be just to increase the # of posts and the amount of VG$. Maybe the forums have always been vapid wastelands with the odd good thread and I was just not as picky a reader, but it really does seem like the quality of the posts has dropped significantly? I can't think of any really good solutions, but maybe having a pentaly for starting a thread and then getting vg$ for each follow up to the thread (so starting a very popular thread = more vg$ for thread starter, while starting a bad thread = loss of vg$)

The problem with getting VGbucks for a popular thread is that a popular thread isn't necessarily a good thread. There have been plenty of poor threads that get huge in no time at all.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Around the Network

i hate vg$ i dont care for it at all its nothing special

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

ssj12 said:
honestly VG$ should be removed or disabled till ioi adds better uses for it

We have a winner.

ssj12 said:
honestly VG$ should be removed or disabled till ioi adds better uses for it

I sort of agree, but we should be able to gain vg$ so then we can use it to buy nintendo products or other items like gametrailers(which I hope ioi will soon implement towards vgchartz).

mM
quigontcb said:
DaSimkin said:
VG$ is ruining the forums. Far too many new threads on far too many stupid topics. Seems to be just to increase the # of posts and the amount of VG$. Maybe the forums have always been vapid wastelands with the odd good thread and I was just not as picky a reader, but it really does seem like the quality of the posts has dropped significantly? I can't think of any really good solutions, but maybe having a pentaly for starting a thread and then getting vg$ for each follow up to the thread (so starting a very popular thread = more vg$ for thread starter, while starting a bad thread = loss of vg$)

The problem with getting VGbucks for a popular thread is that a popular thread isn't necessarily a good thread. There have been plenty of poor threads that get huge in no time at all.

The problem with getting VGbucks  profit for a popular thread game is that a popular thread game isn't necessarily a good thread game There have been plenty of poor threads  game that get huge in no time at all.

Trust me, this isn't just limited to forum.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
quigontcb said:
DaSimkin said:

The problem with getting VGbucks profit for a popular thread game is that a popular thread game isn't necessarily a good thread game There have been plenty of poor threads game that get huge in no time at all.

Trust me, this isn't just limited to forum.

Never said it was. What are you getting at? Does it involve Ninjabrad Man?

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."