By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DOOM open beta discussion thread (pictures fixed)

Only tried 4 rounds but I like it a lot as well. It's unique but imo it does share some similarities with Halo but that's perfectly fine by me. That's probably why it felt pretty familiar from the get-go.

I took a few screens.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Natsu said:

So what if they had a classic type of gamemode where they don't have loadouts and it has weapon pickups?

I would LOVE that. In fact, I'd love that in pretty much every FPS on the market. I just don't like load-outs in general. And I'm not a fan of XP in FPS either.

My ideal FPS is something where everyone starts out each match on equal footing, and needs to rely on skill and items found in the map to emerge victorious.

But I'm definitely in the minority on that, based on where the industry is going.

Which is why I love halo so much XD I'm with you on that, I'm not a huge fan of loadouts I'd rather have a game without loadouts and equal starts or at least have every gun unlocked at the start. Hopefully they have a classic playlist that has all the modes except without loadouts and weapon pick ups

Mike_L said:

Only tried 4 rounds but I like it a lot as well. It's unique but imo it does share some similarities with Halo but that's perfectly fine by me. That's probably why it felt pretty familiar from the get-go.

I took a few screens.

You on ps4 or xbox one or pc?

Natsu said:
Mike_L said:

I took a few screens.

PS4. I'm able to play on PC as well.

Natsu said:

PS4, you can see the circle button prompt. 

Around the Network
FIT_Gamer said:

Natsu said:

Oh lol just realized that

Mike_L said:
Natsu said:

Oh alright just wondering :P My PC is garbage I can only play on the one. 

Natsu said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I would LOVE that. In fact, I'd love that in pretty much every FPS on the market. I just don't like load-outs in general. And I'm not a fan of XP in FPS either.

My ideal FPS is something where everyone starts out each match on equal footing, and needs to rely on skill and items found in the map to emerge victorious.

But I'm definitely in the minority on that, based on where the industry is going.

Which is why I love halo so much XD I'm with you on that, I'm not a huge fan of loadouts I'd rather have a game without loadouts and equal starts or at least have every gun unlocked at the start. Hopefully they have a classic playlist that has all the modes except without loadouts and weapon pick ups

Definitely. Although things started to get uncomfortable in Reach and then went off the rails in Halo 4. I'm grateful Halo 5 removed load-outs from Arena; that was a huge step in the right direction.

Halo 3 is still the king of online competitive FPS multiplayer for me. If I only had Halo 3, Quake III, and Unreal Tournament, I'd be a happy camper :)

No pun intended

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Natsu said:

Definitely. Although things started to get uncomfortable in Reach and then went off the rails in Halo 4. I'm grateful Halo 5 removed load-outs from Arena; that was a huge step in the right direction.

Halo 3 is still the king of online competitive FPS multiplayer for me. If I only had Halo 3, Quake III, and Unreal Tournament, I'd be a happy camper :)

No pun intended

Yeah Reach and 4 defenitly didn't have good as multiplayer as 5/2/3 

Natsu said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Oh lol just realized that

Mike_L said:

Oh alright just wondering :P My PC is garbage I can only play on the one. 

I'll find you and wreck your ass when I buy an XB1 then :p

http://i.imgur.com/4GRKIb6.png