By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DOOM open beta discussion thread (pictures fixed)

BlacKJesuS said:
I downloaded beta....felt like halo with demons...pass

Dude from my gaming experience I can tell you I find a few similarities. However they are not the same games. Soooooooo..... yeah

Around the Network
Natsu said:
QUAKECore89 said:
Vortex Rifle & Super Shotgun are overpowered. xP

I don't know if I'd call them OP, the Vortex rifle you have to charge up at least when you are in scope to get the most damage at least. 

At least i'm admitting, i killed them with my Vortrex Rifle & Super Shotgun xD

And yeah, bunch of people made pepsiman's armor. hehehehe.

QUAKECore89 said:
Natsu said:

I don't know if I'd call them OP, the Vortex rifle you have to charge up at least when you are in scope to get the most damage at least. 

Same though, (also I'm gonna try out the lightning gun tonight when I get home) but I found shotgun then meele to work really well. I got a couple of glory kill. Ahh they were glourious. 

Natsu said:
QUAKECore89 said:

Same though, (also I'm gonna try out the lightning gun tonight when I get home) but I found shotgun then meele to work really well. I got a couple of glory kill. Ahh they were glourious. 

Oh you should try out the lightning gun, this is also my favorite weapon all time, i made loadout for it. Primary: Super Shotgun / Secodary: Lightning Gun / Item: Frag grenade.

Around the Network
QUAKECore89 said:
Natsu said:

Oh you should try out the lightning gun, this is also my favorite weapon all time, i made loadout for it. Primary: Super Shotgun / Secodary: Lightning Gun / Item: Frag grenade.

Right not I have it with a vortex rifle, is that any good? I gotta try that out and the rocket launcher tonight, I only have used the rockets 3 or 4 times. I like how you can detonate in air. 

I've been in both the Alpha and closed Beta, enjoyed it both times. See a lot of bitching saying they "ruined DOOM" making it too casual. I personally think they put just the right amount of new in while keeping that old school arena shooter feel.

The only things about i wish were different are no health/armor pick and maybe eliminate load outs, make the weapons picks up on the map, at the very least the heavy weapons should be. Also they need to nerf the shotgun, which i'm sure they will, it's ridiculously OP. Otherwise i really like it.

FIT_Gamer said:
I've been in both the Alpha and closed Beta, enjoyed it both times. See a lot of bitching saying they "ruined DOOM" making it too casual. I personally think they put just the right amount of new in while keeping that old school arena shooter feel.

The only things about i wish were different are no health/armor pick and maybe eliminate load outs, make the weapons picks up on the map, at the very least the heavy weapons should be. Also they need to nerf the shotgun, which i'm sure they will, it's ridiculously OP. Otherwise i really like it.

So what if they had a classic type of gamemode where they don't have loadouts and it has weapon pickups?

Natsu said:
FIT_Gamer said:

So what if they had a classic type of gamemode where they don't have loadouts and it has weapon pickups?

That would be cool, as long as it wasn't TDM. 

Natsu said:
FIT_Gamer said:

I would LOVE that. In fact, I'd love that in pretty much every FPS on the market. I just don't like load-outs in general. And I'm not a fan of XP in FPS either.

My ideal FPS is something where everyone starts out each match on equal footing, and needs to rely on skill and items found in the map to emerge victorious.

But I'm definitely in the minority on that, based on where the industry is going.