By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 100 Reasons why Fanboys Hate The Xbox

10 user complaints (top, IMO):

1) RRoD
2) Disc scratching, other drive related technical issues.
3) Noise generation
4) Bulky external power supply,
5) No default harddrive (limiting the advantages to have one)
6) No free online play, need subscription. Yearly costs.
7) Pretty horrible DVD movie playback quality for an upscaling DVD player.
8) Low quality audio for audiophile standards.
9) Too many non mainstream upgrades. (Wi-Fi, MS 360 specific harddrive, MS headsets no standard Bluetooth phone headset, contoller battery packs, etc). Still not really on par after upgrades.
10) No Blu-Ray movie playback support.

Dev tech complaints:

1) No default harddrive.
2) DVD space too limited.
3) Not enough EDRAM, subHD ideal resolution to get the most out of the hardware. 600p sweetspot.
4) DVD reading speed not constant, inner rings very slow.
5) Main RAM shared between GPU and CPU. (Bandwidth)
6) L2 cache shared between all 3 CPU cores. (latency)
7) Closed Dev tools not supported by alternative platforms other than Windows.
8) Not enough XBox Live flexibility.
9) Limited for distribution of free content and larger file sizes.
10) M$ XBox Live subsciption needed for full online user experience.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

lol pretty funny!

some are funny, some can be said about all systems. But funny nonetheless.

MikeB said:
10 user complaints (top, IMO):

1) RRoD
2) Disc scratching, other drive related technical issues.
3) Noise generation
4) Bulky external power supply,
5) No default harddrive (limiting the advantages to have one)
6) No free online play, need subscription. Yearly costs.
7) Pretty horrible DVD movie playback quality for an upscaling DVD player.
8) Low quality audio for audiophile standards.
9) Too many non mainstream upgrades. (Wi-Fi, MS 360 specific harddrive, MS headsets no standard Bluetooth phone headset, contoller battery packs, etc). Still not really on par after upgrades.
10) No Blu-Ray movie playback support.

Dev tech complaints:

1) No default harddrive.
3) Not enough EDRAM, subHD ideal resolution to get the most out of the hardware. 600p sweetspot.

All but the bolded are legit.  MS never said they would have BR on the 360.

Iraq am just like Haloez was awesome hehehe.

@ Auron

All but the bolded are legit. MS never said they would have BR on the 360.

Moore said the 360 was all about choice with regard to movie playback. Without the option there's not much choice now is there? They did hint to the likelihood if there consumer clear user demand over HD DVD (RIP 2007).

No Blu-Ray movie support is IMO a legit complaint, however I thought it was unlikely to ever happen. Comparing 360/PS3 visual/audio playback quality side by side would not be kind on the 360.

(a Bllu-Ray drive for 360 games would have been especially great, it would have upped the common specs for multi-platform games.)

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network
MikeB said:
@ Auron

All but the bolded are legit. MS never said they would have BR on the 360.

Moore said the 360 was all about choice with regard to movie playback. Without the option there's not much choice now is there? They did hint to the likelihood if there consumer clear user demand over HD DVD (RIP 2007).

No Blu-Ray movie support is IMO a legit complaint, however I thought it was unlikely to ever happen. Comparing 360/PS3 visual/audio playback quality side by side would not be kind on the 360.

(a Bllu-Ray drive for 360 games would have been especially great, it would have upped the common specs for multi-platform games.)

I think more people would compare multiplatform games side by side instead of the visual/audio playback ... although its slowly changing, and PS3 ports are finally just reaching the same quality as the 360 version.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

too much beefcake, lol

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

@ gebx

Of course, people are also comparing port quality but movies don't need to be ported. I think most people judge the PS3 based on games designed specifically for the platform.

PS3 vs 360 sales

kinda funny.

MikeB said:
Dev tech complaints:

1) No default harddrive.

Bull... Show me one developer that has complained about the ones bolded. I've seen nothing but praise for the development tools on the system. I've never seen any developer complain about the DVD read speeds yet I've read about several developers saying it was a problem with Blu-Ray and that they had to duplicate data on a Blu-Ray disc to compensate for it. As for the others the vast majority of people who complained about DVD space were developers making Sony exclusive games just looking for a reason to sound off and make their game seem better or to put down the competition. And why would developers complain about Xbox Live not being free? What does that have to do with developers making games in the first place?

Oh reasons 8 and 9 are basically the same reason but I guess you just needed to try to find a way to come up with 10 reasons even though 6 of them are BS in the first place and the remaining 4 are really just 2 reasons worded into 4.