By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 100 Reasons why Fanboys Hate The Xbox

OMG, I just about died when I saw the pink dildo with the word bubble "Hi, my name is Alex!".

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

@ Legend11

e never seen any developer complain about the DVD read speeds yet I've read about several developers saying it was a problem with Blu-Ray and that they had to duplicate data on a Blu-Ray disc to compensate for it.

Some devs have spoken about this, like the Burnout Paradise devs spoke about this as a relative PS3 advantage over the 360. The data duplication tactic you comment on was exaggerated though and dragged out of context, Bethesda used the same methods for the 360 version. Of course the Blu-Ray drive is slower than a harddrive, but not really worse than the 360 DVD drive in any regard.

"Bethesda's Pete Hines also commented that recent reports f data duplication on the PS3 Oblivion disc have been exaggerated, and his technique isn't different than the similar strategy that was mployed in the creation of the Xbox 360 game last year. "

Oh reasons 8 and 9 are basically the same reason but I guess you just needed to try to find a way to come up with 10 reasons

No, they are seperate. One dev words it like this: "because it's not as strongly defined, you have the freedom to do it in the way that you want [on PSN] - in a way that may be more suitable to your game."

Think about it like this, if you want to implement online multiplayer you have to follow strict Microsoft protocols. This is easier with regard to developement (devs don't need to think about what approach best suits their game), but also less powerful if the devs think up their own methods how to implement such stuff.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Mike, quick question:

Why are you trying to start an argument in a thread dedicated to a joke video?

Seriously, your desire to attack the 360 at every opportunity gets tiresome. You don't like the console. We get it.

MikeB said:
10 user complaints (top, IMO):

1) RRoD
2) Disc scratching, other drive related technical issues.
3) Noise generation
4) Bulky external power supply,
5) No default harddrive (limiting the advantages to have one)
6) No free online play, need subscription. Yearly costs.
7) Pretty horrible DVD movie playback quality for an upscaling DVD player.
8) Low quality audio for audiophile standards.
9) Too many non mainstream upgrades. (Wi-Fi, MS 360 specific harddrive, MS headsets no standard Bluetooth phone headset, contoller battery packs, etc). Still not really on par after upgrades.
10) No Blu-Ray movie playback support.

Dev tech complaints:

1) No default harddrive.
2) DVD space too limited.
3) Not enough EDRAM, subHD ideal resolution to get the most out of the hardware. 600p sweetspot.
4) DVD reading speed not constant, inner rings very slow.
5) Main RAM shared between GPU and CPU. (Bandwidth)
6) L2 cache shared between all 3 CPU cores. (latency)
7) Closed Dev tools not supported by alternative platforms other than Windows.
8) Not enough XBox Live flexibility.
9) Limited for distribution of free content and larger file sizes.
10) M$ XBox Live subsciption needed for full online user experience.

Totally agree with Mike B on the complaints of XBox 360. BTW my name advertises the only HD console you should own

^Okay, I'm going to be nice this morning. Well, as nice as I care to be, anyway.

Stop trolling this thread or you'll get a day or two away from the site to think about what you've done.

edit: Mikeb, this post wasn't aimed at you. The offender was banned. Just wanted to make that clear. 

Around the Network

No worries, Rocketpig.

Anyways, it moved way too fast. I know there were 100 reasons, but still...