By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Verified NeoGAF member has posted a bunch of NX leaks. Now updated with gimmicks, Luigi's Mansion and other stuff

snyps said:
Soundwave said:

Yeah does seem a little dry, not sure what the "hook" of the system is supposed to be or if Nintendo finally just has given up on that approach. 

A little juicier now with the update. I could see Nintendo pulling this one. 

What's the update? 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

I'd be fine with the screen controller being out. It's just too expensive for too little actual game play gain.

Most households have a tablet or smartphone, just allow the tablet to interface with the system via an app if you must have a touch interface in a game like Mario Maker.

It's not gonna be out.

RolStoppable said:

I'd rather concede that you guys are right about absolutely everything

We're waiting.

this was 10k's no filter updated quote from the dev, which he is still leaning on despite being a lone source:

"So far I know this: Polaris architecture as a base, mixed with Fiji, low power consumption, raw power numbers are modest increase, performance for optimized games for NX would be easily 2x PS4 performance."

If you look at r9 nano (Fiji XT), it has a core config of 4096:256:64 = 8.192 TF @ 175w.

For the tech heads here, is it possible Nintendo could get a custom gpu based of that card, lets say Nintendo wants 1/4 of that so 1024:64:16, how much could that possibly drop the tdp, on either 14 or 28nm?

cycycychris said:
Seems he has been proven a fraud on a lot of his most recent rumors, he didn't get verification on there IDs.loving his 15 minutes of fame.

Emily busted his hardware rumors.

Yup, I was just about to post, Emily is on vacation and felt the need to point out that he is making stuff up. This makes me feel pretty confident that most of the rumors in that thread are indeed false. Oy vey! Why can't someone with ACTUAL knowledge come out and speak?

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

Around the Network

From what i read, and assuming her sources are 100% correct, she didn't actually disprove that much.
NX power was more neogaf users supposition than his sources words.

se7en7thre3 said:

this was 10k's no filter updated quote from the dev, which he is still leaning on despite being a lone source:

"So far I know this: Polaris architecture as a base, mixed with Fiji, low power consumption, raw power numbers are modest increase, performance for optimized games for NX would be easily 2x PS4 performance."

If you look at r9 nano (Fiji XT), it has a core config of 4096:256:64 = 8.192 TF @ 175w.

For the tech heads here, is it possible Nintendo could get a custom gpu based of that card, lets say Nintendo wants 1/4 of that so 1024:64:16, how much could that possibly drop the tdp, on either 14 or 28nm?

I'm not exactly a tech head, but I'll answer you.

AMD doesn't have a GPU with that configuration, 1024:64:16, but it has something very similar in the GPU inside the R7 370 with a config of 1024:64:32. That sounds better, right? Well, no it doesn't.

It turns out that that GPU is worse than the one inside the PS4, that has a config of 1152:72:32.

To have 2x specs of the PS4, the NX would need something like the R9 380X which is 2048:128:32, but the reality is that that only works on paper. Here is a comparison between the R7 370 and the R9 380X to show you what I mean: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1590?vs=1592

To have twice the performance of a PS4 you would need something like the R9 390X, and that's too expensive and uses too much power for a console.

Edit: for further references, this wikipedia page is very useful: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_graphics_processing_units

Not only details each AMD GPU, but it also says what's what. For example, the R7 370 and 1024:64:32

1024 = nº of shaders (the ones that do the calculus)

64 = nº of texture units (the ones that decide which and where do textures go)

32 = nº of ROPs (the ones that transform the info of the GPU into the images we see)

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
se7en7thre3 said:

I'm not exactly a tech head, but I'll answer you.

AMD doesn't have a GPU with that configuration, 1024:64:16, but it has something very similar in the GPU inside the R7 370 with a config of 1024:64:32. That sounds better, right? Well, no it doesn't.

It turns out that that GPU is worse than the one inside the PS4, that has a config of 1152:72:32.

To have 2x specs of the PS4, the NX would need something like the R9 380X which is 2048:128:32, but the reality is that that only works on paper. Here is a comparison between the R7 370 and the R9 380X to show you what I mean: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1590?vs=1592

To have twice the performance of a PS4 you would need something like the R9 390X, and that's too expensive and uses too much power for a console.

I definitely don't think its 2x PS4, that talk got out of hand when 14nm got mentioned.  I bring up Fiji as that's the updated quote.  For performance, the r9 nano's 8.192 tf @ 175w seems to be the best at 28nm.  I was wondering if Nintendo could get a cut down/customized version, and if the TDP would drop accordingly (by half or more?).  i.e. how much can TDP be reduced from 175w, with a lower core config that compares more/less or between XB1 - PS4.

edit @JEMC

I do look at that comparison chart, and compared Fiji Pro to Fiji XT.

^ could you translate that in english, JEMC? Please? :)

What do you think about Emiy and 10k's info, btw?

Wow, so the real issue is that he wasn't actually verified at all. He was just given mod permission to post this shit. Why wasn't this clarified when news publications kept calling him verified?

Anyways, the OP needs to be updated and the thread might need to be closed. Not worth the thinking space at this point.