By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ratchet and Clank PS4 analysis (DigitalFoundry)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrYyAO-4_Dc&nohtml5=False

Will update this when we get an article from them. So here it is! FPS analysis shows it does run at 30FPS. It is stable for the most part, though it does have occasional dipping. It was mentioned that other Ratchet and Clank title's did run at 60FPS, so this may be a disappointing factor for some. Graphics look pretty good, though I've never been a huge fan of cartoony graphics in the first place. And it runs at 1080p. As stated, I will add more once we get an article from Eurogamer.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

Frame-rate looks really stable, I'm not gonna complain about it not being 60fps the game looks incredible.  This is gonna be one of my must own games of this gen. 

We've known since day one it'd be 30fps so nobody should be surprised by this. Insomniac's current engine (All 4 One and later) is optimized for 30fps. ACiT ran at 60 but had a lot of jaggies as a result at times. Plus they had to cut out swimming entirely because of their water rendering taking so much data as it already stood.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

They have been very open about it being 30 fps, so that isn't news. The last R&C was also 30 fps. Personally I don't mind, I loved the last one, didn't give a fuck about it being 30 fps (at that time, I didn't know, and I didn't notice either). Sunset Overdrive (Insomniac Games' last game) was also 30 fps.

Looking at that video, the 30 fps was rock solid. The only thing was some very *very* sligt frame-pacing issues in some very short moments of gameplay. Calling it "occasional dipping" is overstating it grossly.

Looks great and the framerate seems solid. Plus, the game is supposed to be great.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

Looks smooth enough for me. Ugh... I have soo many games in my back log. Can I resist for a couple months?

It stayed 30 fps with 1 dip to 29 fps, that went back to 30 almost at once.
So pretty solid 30 fps it appears.

They mention it looks like your in a pixar cartoon :)
Some of the reviews for this game mention the same thing.

Graphics are nice thats for sure.

Video should be named Digital Foundry whines about 30fps. The game looks absolutly gorgeous and is a blast to play acording to reviews, screw the fps, if ppl didnt keep saying how many fps a game was in most wouldnt even be able to tell the difference.

It looks like a Pixar Movie; and gameplay do the rest ;)

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

"Ive played ALL the previous Ratchet and Clank games, so I got used to it running at 60"

Yeah, he havent played the good ones then, stopped watching the video when he said that.

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1