By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - We Should Undoubtedly Be Able to Discuss the Rapp Situation

I am making this thread because it's complete and utter garbage that the Rapp thread was locked earlier this morning. We as the video game community have been talking incessantly about this situation over the past few weeks. Multiple threads, hundreds of posts, lots of speculations, and lots of accusations discussing who is in the right, who is in the wrong, and what effects this situation is going to have on Nintendo's image.

It only makes sense that we have been talking about it. Nintendo is a VIDEO GAME company and a very well respected one at that. Why would they fire this PR employee for the stupid ass reasons that had been widely accepted before yesterday as the reasons for her departure? There has to be a better reason for it. But nothing came to light, and many people took a dump on Nintendo.

Then we find out that Rapp was indeed a PROSTITUTE AND NINTENDO HAD EVERY REASON TO FIRE HER AND YOU LOCK THE DISCUSSION THREAD ON THE TOPIC?!?!?! You're joking, right? We have very solid evidence that she indeed is a "call girl" and that the company that everyone loves to shit on for their outdated policies was absolutely justified in the firing of Rapp. Well, at least that's how a lot of people see it now. Of course, you could think otherwise, but you won't have any place to share your opinion on the topic, because VGChartz, the VIDEO GAME SITE, doesn't want us to discuss the public image of one of the largest video game companies in existence. Okay...that seems fair...

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network

this is not video games related anymore if some web/group doxxed her for beig a scort/prostitute or whatever

ohmylanta1003 said:

I am making this thread because it's complete and utter garbage that the Rapp thread was locked earlier this morning. We as the video game community have been talking incessantly about this situation over the past few weeks. Multiple threads, hundreds of posts, lots of speculations, and lots of accusations discussing who is in the right, who is in the wrong, and what effects this situation is going to have on Nintendo's image.

It only makes sense that we have been talking about it. Nintendo is a VIDEO GAME company and a very well respected one at that. Why would they fire this PR employee for the stupid ass reasons that had been widely accepted before yesterday as the reasons for her departure? There has to be a better reason for it. But nothing came to light, and many people took a dump on Nintendo.

Then we find out that Rapp was indeed a PROSTITUTE AND NINTENDO HAD EVERY REASON TO FIRE HER AND YOU LOCK THE DISCUSSION THREAD ON THE TOPIC?!?!?! You're joking, right? We have very solid evidence that she indeed is a "call girl" and that the company that everyone loves to shit on for their outdated policies was absolutely justified in the firing of Rapp. Well, at least that's how a lot of people see it now. Of course, you could think otherwise, but you won't have any place to share your opinion on the topic, because VGChartz, the VIDEO GAME SITE, doesn't want us to discuss the public image of one of the largest video game companies in existence. Okay...that seems fair...

I totally agree with you, but obviously the mods don't... as Seinfeld would say: "well that's a shame!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

Ka-pi96 said:
Aren't you the guy that's always complaining that there is a politics section here and now you're demanding to be able to discuss politics? Oh, the irony...

This isn't politics. This is about a video game company...not Donald Trump. This is one of the ONLY places that this situation should be discussed.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

It is because we're talking about the public image of Nintendo. A video game company.

Around the Network
ohmylanta1003 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Aren't you the guy that's always complaining that there is a politics section here and now you're demanding to be able to discuss politics? Oh, the irony...

This isn't politics. This is about a video game company...not Donald Trump. This is one of the ONLY places that this situation should be discussed.

She got fired, people bitched and moaned about it, then people dug around and found other things regarding her personal life. Ends up that Nintendo had a fairly legitimate reason to remove her from Nintendo staff.

Now? Now the woman is being attacked all over social media, her family are being harrassed and it's gone far beyond a simple discussion on Nintendo's public image. As far as I'm concerned, this stopped being an okay subject to discuss on these forums when people started to share personal information and images about her. I'm simply not comfortable with this issue being discussed on these forums, so if you wish to discuss it please do it elsewhere.