By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Westernized Zelda example.

?

Yeah, I want that. 6 18.75%

no... give me Japanese food. 26 81.25%

Total:32

Now imagine this trailer as a video game trailer, this is how a western zelda would look ... not bad.

Around the Network

no, we need less cinematic trailers that dont show the game, not more

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

that looked like b grade shit to me lol

Somebody was bound to bring it up in a discussion about a westernized Zelda.
Certainly not opposed to the idea in general.

But never forget. Never.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I would absolutely hate a westernized Zelda. I despise high fantasy stuff like LotR, and that's exactly what that looks like to me. Zelda's considered fantasy, but it's always felt different.

Around the Network

Nice atmosphere, but the costumers are terrible...

I like the idea of a Zelda movie, but the odds are it would be disappointing to almost every old Zelda fan in the world, probably some over-produced garish lens-flare fest with really poor writing and enormous production values. It's like producers are forced to go over the top with fantasy. That's what I liked about Lord of the Rings though; it was quite sombre, slow-paced and grounded, as opposed to the Hobbit trilogy.

Nah, the fantasy worlds of Zelda just don't mix with realistic designs.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

...eh... The problem with that trailer is that it looked like a crappy cosplay Zelda LotR cross over. It just looked too LotR... I don't know, Zelda has a humor in it thats never really shown in these "trailers". The series itself isnt very serious besides maybe MM and TP. The rest is very mild, I wouldn't want an ultra serious Zelda game or movie

That is some realistic and boring shit. I dont want that in Zelda.

Here's one: Ocarina of Time Link versus Shadow Link. Includes Navi as well!

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvheNWRk5N4