By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In retrospect, who won E3 2015?

In retrospect, who won E3 2015

Microsoft 110 15.01%

Sony 553 75.44%

Nintendo 70 9.55%

Total:733

In my opinion, and my opinion alone, with no intention of explicitly or implicitly allege that any other opinion is false and accepting that mine could, in fact, be wrong in regard to whatever claim or criticism I make towards any company regardless of tone used, and advising anyone who might feel offended to ignore my fact-less, assumption-based and possibly fraudulent assessment, I'd like to share my opinion that Sony's E3 conference had the best "PR filtered" promises, while Microsoft's seemed more grounded and honest. Nintendo's conference was also very honest, but lacked spectacle. In the case of Microsoft and Nintendo, I'm glad that the directors of all their announced games actually seemed to know they were working on them which leads me to believe that these games, hopefully, weren't quickly conceived by their PR department with the sole intent of having a bigger number of high profile announcements for their E3 conference.

So, I think Microsoft had the best one.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network

Just checked the votes.... holy shit! 166, way more than I thought :)

spemanig said:
AAA300 said:

If the beyond good and evil rumors are true and they showcase prime 4 and Galaxy 3 it will easily beat a non exclusive remake, a boring demo of a game left for dead, and a kick starter announcement. If Microsoft or Nintendo pulled that kick starter announcement crap they would have been torn apart, Sony could have at least funded it. Also big fan of shenmue back in the day but gameplay wasn't the greatest it was more of a graphical show case back then and with this budget there better be some amazing fork truck missions. The bar to beat last year's conference is not that high, was more hype than anything.

Not even clows. It doesn't matter if Sony didn't fund it. It doesn't matter if you thought it was boring. It doesn't matter if the remake isn't exclusive. It's three games people wanted so much that they entered meme status, and they showed them. Galaxy 3 isn't memetic, Prime 4 both isn't memetic and isn't happening, and BG&E2 isn't on the same level as any of those three. There aren't enough games of that caliber left to have the same impact.

Not even close? Your over blowing the popularity of shemue, beyond g&e 2 announcement can be just as big, especially if it's not a kick starter! And Galaxy 1 and 2 are 2 of the highest rated games of all time. And you must be living under a rock  because people have been begging for a new prime  more than all 3 of those games! And all 3 of those games are very much possible. It does matter that a demo look dull and not fun because that game is not a proven franchise. It's a new IP and needs to prove itself  to be a good game. Ff7 is the biggest announcement of them all and it's a remake....lol and it's not even exclusive. That's the equivalent of cod or Madden being your big e3 announcement, it means nothing because every system is getting it. 

Bryank75 said:
AAA300 said:

They didn't annouce a game they announced a kick starter. It was really lame.

But it is a game that is coming, it is more tangible now thanks to the event and got the fans involved.... 

Sony are funding it as far as I know, just not the whole thing. I think the idea behind the kickstarter was to allow the fans to feel involved with the whole process from the vocal groups that called for the sequel and then bring them and others on board to make them feel like they truely gave life to the project and carried it through to completion.

In fairness the money they got for the Kickstarter is nothing in game-finance terms... 

If Sony wanted to they could have funded it no problem IMO. 

Unless they had a change of heart Sony is not funding this game, so yes the kick starter did fund it. Sony could have funded it but didn't they made the fans do it with them just putting up the money to publish it. If Sony was smart they would put money in on this project because the kick starter money is not a enough to make a  AAA graphical game that shenmue is known for.

Pavolink said:
Voted Nintendo just for the fun.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
AAA300 said:
Bryank75 said:

Snikt

Unless they had a change of heart Sony is not funding this game, so yes the kick starter did fund it. Sony could have funded it but didn't they made the fans do it with them just putting up the money to publish it. If Sony was smart they would put money in on this project because the kick starter money is not a enough to make a  AAA graphical game that shenmue is known for.

He added: "Sony and PlayStation is definitely a partner in this game and it's going to be run through third-party production. We're going to help Ys Net get the game done, we're going to be partners on it the whole way, and really excited to see this thing come out in a couple of years."

Credit: Videogamer.com

Chazore said:

Majority results are likely to say Sony, same for this year as well as the next. I honestly thought Bethesda and SE had it in the bag last year for all they had planned.

I don't think people will vote for Sony no matter what (they really were the best overall in 2015 imo tho). For example, at E3 2014 I think most people voted for Nintendo. Speaking of which, I have strong feelings that they will win this year, cause they will reveal their next gen with brand new games and all... unless they seriously screw up.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Sony hands down

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I would say MS. Fallout 4 footage and Dark Souls 3 announcement sealed it.

KLXVER said:
I would say MS. Fallout 4 footage and Dark Souls 3 announcement sealed it.

Multiplats?