By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In retrospect, who won E3 2015?

In retrospect, who won E3 2015

Microsoft 110 15.01%

Sony 553 75.44%

Nintendo 70 9.55%

Total:733
LudicrousSpeed said:
BMaker11 said:

that's fanboyism. 

Another novel of a reply laced with dramatic over thinking of such a simple concept. Again, not sure why it has you so caught up, but there's nothing fanboy about it. It's just good old fashioned common sense. You're welcome to disagree or have a different opinion, but to label mine in a negative way is just silly. Hope that helps. Try looking at E3 2015 individually and remember it's a year later look back. All this BS about past E3's and future E3's just shows you're either really reaching for substance, or badly missing the point. Either way it's boring and I am done.

LOL. Overthinking a simple concept. You act like I don't get it. You say they won because "more of what they showed has released". I understand that. My issue is that these games were shown multiple times in past E3s. 

You're the one "reaching for substance" because the only content in their conference that makes you think they won......is old content we've seen for years (isn't E3 about new content?). Show Halo 5 at E3 2013, 2014, and 2015 and it finally releases in 2015. "Hey, they showed this game in 2015 and it released in 2015. The game they showed actually came out! What don't you get?".  

As if things like context just don't matter. That's why you want to "look at E3 2015 individually". Because looking at it in a vacuum is beneficial. But I guarantee you will shit on Sony for showing No Man's Sky at E3 2016 because "they've shown this game for years, don't they have anything new?" or something.....instead of "looking at it individually". Because, then, looking at it with context is beneficial (that kind of inconsistency in logic is also fanboyism)

You could easily juxtapose E3 2014 onto 2015. Because you think they won because games at '14 were shown at '15 as well and they released in '15 after being shown for years. You just won't say it because you know how absurd your logic is when it's broken down. Hence why you trivialize it by saying it's "over thinking". It's not "over thinking" to say "hey, Halo 5 and Quantum Break were shown in 2013 and 2014". That statement is good old fashioned common sense. 

But, I understand that you refuse to recognize the silliness of your reasoning, so I'm done with you too.

Around the Network
AEGRO said:
BMaker11 said:

It's one thing to "prefer what they've shown". Like I pointed out before, MS showed games like Recore and Gears 4, which are games to be rightfully hyped about. But when your reasoning for a conference being better is because "most of what they've shown has come out" (which is a good reason, in of itself)......but what has come out are the games they showed at E3 2013 and 2014??

It'd be like me saying "In retrospect, Sony won E3 2006 because FFXV is releasing in a few months". The logic just doesn't add up that games announced years ago finally coming out is the reason you win the most recent E3, just because you decided to show those games one more time. It's faulty reasoning. But the person being "ganged up on" won't admit it. 

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to believe MS won E3 2015. "Games from E3 2013 and 2014 releasing" isn't one. 

Amen

To me, they won simply because I never thought of FFVII or The Last Guardian as great games... Now, if it had been FFVIII... 

Strange OP, is the Nintendo conference not up on youtube or their own site? although I guess linking it to their site will bring a person to the site in their region and ask them to click that before getting near a video.

Just if they aren't up to date enough to keep their shows on the net doesn't bode well for them embracing social media and the value of it in marketing. I mean if you are thinking about 2016 as a show being better, if E3 for Nintendo isn't something they'll be bothered with keeping hosted online for more than the week of the event, they're not really going to put a whole ton of resources into the show then?

For me though, that tingling sound of Aeris's theme hitting... that was worth it for me staying up til 4am to watch it live.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

AsGryffynn said:
AEGRO said:

Amen

To me, they won simply because I never thought of FFVII or The Last Guardian as great games... Now, if it had been FFVIII... 

And, like I said, that's cool. If you didn't like Sony's games and you like the announcements MS had , better, cool. But don't sit here and tell me they won because, essentially, release dates have come and gone. 

Is anybody going to say "In retrospect, Sony won E3 2016 because they showed The Last Guardian and it released and it is good"? They've been showing TLG since 2009, but they'll win the most recent E3 because they showed it again and it finally released? What kind of warped logic is that? And, like I asked before, isn't E3 about new announcements, and not old announcements finally releasing?

For it to be the latter means you're grasping at straws trying to find any reason to say one company won because you, presumably, follow them blindly (another case of fanboyism). 

AsGryffynn said:
AEGRO said:

Amen

How mighty fanboyish of you.

FFVIII fanboy.

Around the Network

I said that the sentiment of games shown 100 times over 3 years, because you have no other good reason, finally releasing is the reason someone won E3; inconsistent logic, and followingly a company blindly is fanboyism.

I said multiple times if you preferred what MS showed/didn't like Sony's games, that was cool. 

"I never thought of FFVII or TLG as great games" "How mighty fanboyish of you"

A snarky comment that is in complete contradiction to the two statements I've made above and in this thread. You're witnessing the embodiment of bitterness and salt, ladies and gentlemen. I'd be salty, too, if I made silly arguments, thinking they were "simple concepts", but were exposed as being non-sensical. 

And I know calling someone "salty" is a bannable offense. Don't care. Facts > forum rules. 

Moderated - Miguel_Zorro

Miguel_Zorro said:

This will be the last warning.

You can debate one another's points.  You can't attack the person.

If you think somebody is being unreasonable, just don't respond to them.  If you actually believe each other to be biased fanboys, I'm not sure what you hope to achieve by providing an audience.  There will be no more skirting the rules by saying things like "fanboyism" instead of "fanboy".  

Like I just said. Give a warning if you must. Facts > forum rules. 

BMaker11 said:
AsGryffynn said:

And, like I said, that's cool. If you didn't like Sony's games and you like the announcements MS had , better, cool. But don't sit here and tell me they won because, essentially, release dates have come and gone. 

Is anybody going to say "In retrospect, Sony won E3 2016 because they showed The Last Guardian and it released and it is good"? They've been showing TLG since 2009, but they'll win the most recent E3 because they showed it again and it finally released? What kind of warped logic is that? And, like I asked before, isn't E3 about new announcements, and not old announcements finally releasing?

For it to be the latter means you're grasping at straws trying to find any reason to say one company won because you, presumably, follow them blindly (another case of fanboyism). 

I have no idea who would use that logic... 

LudicrousSpeed said:
AsGryffynn said:

How mighty fanboyish of you.

FFVIII fanboy.

Hey, I am no fanboy! 

I just plain hate Cloud... 

I believe it depends of how you look at E3.

I personally await year after year E3 because of the spectacle, the new announcements, the hype of the show and the reveals.

What im trying to say is that i agree with BMaker11.

In my opinion, the show doesnt have the same shock factor when you are revealing almost the same games for 3 years in a row.

Yeah, it would be ideal for ALL companies to take the Bethesda route with Fallout 4. Showing the game with a release date the same year. But sadly they are the minority on this business.

I look forward to E3 for the same reasons. I get just as excited for a game coming a year or two down the line as I do for a game I might be playing 4-5 months after the show. That's what the show is for, to showcase what you have coming down the pipeline, whether it's months or years away. That's why the same games are shown from lots of publishers and console companies years in a row. Which is fine by me.

This is different to me though, this is a look back. So I look at it differently. Agree or disagree thats fine but the label being put on it was pure and complete nonsense.