By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In retrospect, who won E3 2015?

In retrospect, who won E3 2015

Microsoft 110 15.01%

Sony 553 75.44%

Nintendo 70 9.55%

Total:733
Versus_Evil said:
Bryank75 said:

It's all in good fun but I will stop any more of the nonsense from here out.

Damn, I preferd your comment before you edited it.

I know and it was longer before I cut it down.... I had a whole bit about bad dialogue in a game that I said rhymes with "Lise of the Lomb Laider" :P

Around the Network
Versus_Evil said:
So reading through the thread and the same user being discredited and ganged up on over and over, if I was to say Microsoft won because I thought Sony had a rubbish showing, FF ive never liked and ive never played shenmue and Microsoft had by far the best showing because I preferred what they showed would I to get the same 4 users ganging up on me?...

As if what I am saying is even that hard to follow or understand in the first place. Or remotely far fetched. Sonys biggest stuff still hasn't even been released. MS stuff has and it was good. Thus, they win. The end.

Versus_Evil said:
So reading through the thread and the same user being discredited and ganged up on over and over, if I was to say Microsoft won because I thought Sony had a rubbish showing, FF ive never liked and ive never played shenmue and Microsoft had by far the best showing because I preferred what they showed would I to get the same 4 users ganging up on me?...

It's one thing to "prefer what they've shown". Like I pointed out before, MS showed games like Recore and Gears 4, which are games to be rightfully hyped about. But when your reasoning for a conference being better is because "most of what they've shown has come out" (which is a good reason, in of itself)......but what has come out are the games they showed at E3 2013 and 2014??

It'd be like me saying "In retrospect, Sony won E3 2015 because FFXV is releasing in a few months". The logic just doesn't add up that games announced years ago finally coming out is the reason you win the most recent E3, just because you decided to show those games one more time. It's faulty reasoning. But the person being "ganged up on" won't admit it. 

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to believe MS won E3 2015. "Games from E3 2013 and 2014 releasing" isn't one. That's fanboyism.

BMaker11 said:
Versus_Evil said:

It's one thing to "prefer what they've shown". Like I pointed out before, MS showed games like Recore and Gears 4, which are games to be rightfully hyped about. But when your reasoning for a conference being better is because "most of what they've shown has come out" (which is a good reason, in of itself)......but what has come out are the games they showed at E3 2013 and 2014??

It'd be like me saying "In retrospect, Sony won E3 2006 because FFXV is releasing in a few months". The logic just doesn't add up that games announced years ago finally coming out is the reason you win the most recent E3, just because you decided to show those games one more time. It's faulty reasoning. But the person being "ganged up on" won't admit it. 

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to believe MS won E3 2015. "Games from E3 2013 and 2014 releasing" isn't one. 

Amen

BMaker11 said:
Versus_Evil said:

That's fanboyism.

I'm a fanboy because looking back on two conferences, I am more impressed with the one where much more of the stuff shown has actually been released and is good? Hilarious. It's really amazing how caught up on this you are. But please, keep trying to play chess while I'm happily playing checkers.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
Blob said:
Sony, but the reality is they fired a bunch of shots that were years away from actually landing. I suspect this year's e3 from them will largely show more of what they showed last year (+ Kojima)

2 shots, were years away.  FFVII and Shenmue 3.  Until we're told otherwise, TLG and Horizon release this year.

And to be fair, we actually don't know how far away FFVII is.  Not only are they much, much further along in the process than we expected (we've actually seen gameplay from the bombing mission), we know it's going to be episodic, so it's entirely plausible that FFVII Part I launches in 2017, which is the 20 year Anniversary of FFVII's launch.  Theory, of course, but it'd make sense.

Yeah ff7 will be next year, garunteed. I'm not expecting horizon till end of the year, and the last gaurdian I don't think anyone can say till its in their hands lol. 

This is not just a sony problem, both nintendo and Microsoft have been forced to show games years in advance to start hype, unfortunately the industrys just forced to take longer these days due to the nature of game size. Sony just went all out last year, like Nintendo did early 2014, and I'm not sure how they'll back it up this year. 

LudicrousSpeed said:
BMaker11 said:

That's fanboyism.

I'm a fanboy because looking back on two conferences, I am more impressed with the one where much more of the stuff shown has actually been released and is good? Hilarious. It's really amazing how caught up on this you are. But please, keep trying to play chess while I'm happily playing checkers.

When the stuff that was released was old news that has been shown multiple times at prior conferences and they have finally released.....because that's what games do. They come out eventually. If you can't find any reason to give to say the company you support won, so you fall back on "well, we've known about Halo and Quantum break since 2013. But, they showed them in 2015 as well, and they finally came out. So, more of what they showed has come has come out, therefore they won", yea, that's fanboyism. 

When Sony inevitably shows No Man's Sky, Horizon, and The Last Guardian, and they release this year, will they have "won" E3 2016 because "more of what they showed is actually out".....even though they've shown those games for years (i.e. they had to come out at some point)? And despite, say for example, exclusive Ninja Gaiden 4, new Blinx, new Panzer Dragoon announcements from MS? 

"Oh, MS may have revealed all those blockbuster titles, but they aren't out. Meanwhile, Sony has released "most of what they showed", even though they were games they've shown us at multiple E3s; but I'm more impressed with showing games that were announced years ago, that I've seen a gajillion times, and they finally released, than I am with games being revealed that have been awaited for for years, so Sony won".

See how fanboyish that sounds? Imagine how silly I'd sound if, after MS makes some megaton announcement at E3, I say "Sony won because No Man's Sky comes out in 2 weeks". I mean, "games that they've shown are out" and MS wouldn't have any games out that they showed, at that time. Even though we've known about No Man's Sky for 3 years, it'll still overshadow MS announcements because the release date is around the corner, right?.

I'm willing to bet you'll be singing a different tune if GTA6 was announced XBOne exclusive. You'd be all about the "newly announced big titles that haven't released yet" and chuck "these games they announced years ago are out and playable finally" out the window. 

Easily Sony. FF7, Shenmue 3, Last Guardian, Horizon.

Nintendos worst E3 in recent memory. Still, this year's should make up for it.

That company thats dominating this gen, cant remember their name....

BMaker11 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

that's fanboyism. 

Another novel of a reply laced with dramatic over thinking of such a simple concept. Again, not sure why it has you so caught up, but there's nothing fanboy about it. It's just good old fashioned common sense. You're welcome to disagree or have a different opinion, but to label mine in a negative way is just silly. Hope that helps. Try looking at E3 2015 individually and remember it's a year later look back. All this BS about past E3's and future E3's just shows you're either really reaching for substance, or badly missing the point. Either way it's boring and I am done.