By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, have you change your mind over Amiibo?

Have you change about it?

Yes, now I'm positive. 8 7.62%

Yes, now I'm negative/dissapointed 22 20.95%

No, same position as ever 75 71.43%

Total:105

No, I still think the way nintendo aproached TTL sucks.
I´d rather have they make a game and put all amiibos there instead of small dlcs for every game.

I don´t even think it would hurt amiibos sales, since they seem to be worth more as souvenir than a way to unlock game content.

Around the Network

I think amiibo concept is fine, it is just badly implemented.

Four amiibo should be enough to unlock everything; nothing more, nothing less.
Made a thread about it two months ago: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=213370

Things started going bad when the Toad amiibo was released,
releasing new amiibo to lock features on it is not good Ninty.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

My main grip with Amiibos were the lack of stock (of Amiibos people actually want) and the fact that Nintendo couldn't even meet the preorder demands, and also store exclusives.

Other than that they look very well made. I have about +20 or so but will retire after I get the Bayonetta and Cloud amiibos.

Yes, I'm more negative about Amiibo now.

Good in theory until they made it crazy hard to find and a new exclusive amiibo for each new game

From Good Idea -> Slightly Annoying

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Still no reasons to care about them. Nope. Glad they make money.

Around the Network

Recently they make me mad but I can't say I hated them when I bought my Pac-Man, Samus and Lucina amiibos.

I initially really liked them but after the constant releases and pointless tied DLC I am getting annoyed.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

It honestly hasnt affected me or the games I play in any way that makes me mad. And it gives Nintendo tons of easy cash. So it's a good idea so far

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Maraccuda said:
I initially really liked them but after the constant releases and pointless tied DLC I am getting annoyed.

Same. I'm against Disc-locked DLC and I used to argue in favour of Nintendo because they didn't have them. I still think that Amiibo can be decent as long as it's Smash Bros or Mario Maker stuff, not the Disc-locked DLC.

i actually feel a little different. I really just collect the smash ones, and others that i think are cool (splatoon, shovel knight, yarn yoshi) . I still feel the same in that I think the coolest thing about them is when you get dlc for multiple games for one price. I'm kinda on the fence about the day one stuff now. On one hand, day 1 dlc is just the worst. On the other hand, if you look at it as supporting the amiibo and not the game you get extra content for purchasing an amiibo (that you presumably got for mario kart and smash bros) 6 to months to a year after you got the amiibo. from that perspective it's pretty freaking cool. So yeah, i can't blame anyone for being mad, but i can't really blame those who are fine with it either.