By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What Country are you from?

Natsu said:
USA.. I'm surrounded by idiots, but I'm sure it's like that everywhere.

Well... americans in general do have that fame. I do agree it's mostly like that everywhere, but there's degrees of bad. ^^

I'm from Portugal. We are reigning european football champions!

Around the Network
HomokHarcos said:
Flilix said:
Belgium.

We have beer, French fries, the smurfs, pedophiles, chocolate and Puigdemont.

I never knew that the Smurfs is a Belgian series.

The comics are Belgian, but the tv series is American.

Brazil. Curiously, Portuguese is the most-spoken language in South America and 6th most-spoken in the world, basically due to Brazil that concentrates roughly 80% of the Lusophone population.

Last edited by torok - on 24 January 2018

Lebanon, the region's most religiously diverse place. And it's not a desert.

SvennoJ said:
Originally from the Netherlands, too crowded for me but you can easily get everywhere on a bike.
Moved to Canada, Customer service is actually a real word, no longer being treated like a nuisance is very nice.

I still bike as much as possible, yet covering about 0.1% of the country instead of 33% with a 60km radius.
Real seasons, real nature, love it here.

Oh, that's nice. I'm currently living in the Netherlands for a few months. Really like the bike culture, more practical (and faster) than relying on public transportation all the time.

Anyway, I was in Canada last year and agree that customer service there is quite good. And their natural parks are incredible.

Around the Network

UK. Roots are English, Irish and Dutch (lived/worked in the Netherlands a long time).

Flilix said:
Belgium.

We have beer, French fries, the smurfs, pedophiles, chocolate and Puigdemont.

You forgot that you also invented the waffels.

And, imho, you can keep Puigdemont all to yourselves.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Brazil,the place were we get excited of Ferdinand being nominated for an Oscar of best animated feature because it was directed by a brazilian dude.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

torok said:
SvennoJ said:
Originally from the Netherlands, too crowded for me but you can easily get everywhere on a bike.
Moved to Canada, Customer service is actually a real word, no longer being treated like a nuisance is very nice.

I still bike as much as possible, yet covering about 0.1% of the country instead of 33% with a 60km radius.
Real seasons, real nature, love it here.

Oh, that's nice. I'm currently living in the Netherlands for a few months. Really like the bike culture, more practical (and faster) than relying on public transportation all the time.

Anyway, I was in Canada last year and agree that customer service there is quite good. And their natural parks are incredible.

Just make sure you have enough locks for your bike :)

Here I don't bother locking my bike and never have trouble finding a spot to put it or find it again. Now where did I park today

But it was awesome I could easily cycle to the sea and along the beach. The ocean is quite far away from where I live currently.

SvennoJ said:
torok said:

Just make sure you have enough locks for your bike :)

Here I don't bother locking my bike and never have trouble finding a spot to put it or find it again. Now where did I park today

But it was awesome I could easily cycle to the sea and along the beach. The ocean is quite far away from where I live currently.

I'd lock my bike if I were you. I've had a bike stolen from my backyard before, and I know others who have had their bikes stolen.