By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Metascore disappointments sales battle The Order:1886 vs. Quantum Break (Xb one)

Will Quantum Break outsell (lifetime on Xbox One) The Order: 1886?

Yes 154 36.58%

No 167 39.67%

Too close to call 54 12.83%

See results 46 10.93%

Total:421
GribbleGrunger said:
Blob said:

So my playthrough of the order on hard was 5 and a half hours. My playthrough of quantom break on normal was 9 hours and 50 minutes. While almost ten hours is on the shorter side, there is short, and then there's the order...  

Is the series attached to it a high quality? I've seen one episode and it wasn't too bad.

It's quite good, hardly a 'series' though, more or less just extended, very well done, cutscenes that tell the story of other characters other than the playable one. The whole game could probably have been a TV series and sufficed. As it stands currently, I find the whole half game/half show concept a bit pointless when you could probably just do one or the other. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

I have to ask: considering Quantum Break is as short as The Order, where are all the articles about this? It just goes to show how the media either get behind a title or not and the reason I take absolutely no notice of them, and neither should you.

The order was around 6 hours with cutscene's, and had terrible replay value. QB is short, but its still around 10hrs with everything from what I've heard, and has far better replay value. Will be trying it out today.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Blob said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Is the series attached to it a high quality? I've seen one episode and it wasn't too bad.

It's quite good, hardly a 'series' though, more or less just extended, very well done, cutscenes that tell the story of other characters other than the playable one. The whole game could probably have been a TV series and sufficed. As it stands currently, I find the whole half game/half show concept a bit pointless when you could probably just do one or the other. 

Well its not half show when you consider the live show is significantly less than half the game.

To me the live show just feels like an experiment. Not necessary, but it came out well and more compelling than cutscenes in most games. TV shows like this often dont move as quickly.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I thought tv-show worked well with the game. Playing a video game and then watching the show made the story and characters feel more alive and real, in a bizarre way. Not to mention how much depth it added to Paul Serene and other "bad guys". Might have been an experiment but a very successful one.

The Order didn't get good reviews because it wasn't a good game.
And the game got hit because of its length because people questioned that it is that short. This resulted in people on GAF saying “it took me ten hours because I've taken my time with it“ while there was a complete and legit YouTube walkthrough showing everything and showed how short it really is.
But the length wasn't the only problem of the order, but one of the issues that most talked about because it was a discussion where one side had facts and the other side had an opinion.

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I have to ask: considering Quantum Break is as short as The Order, where are all the articles about this? It just goes to show how the media either get behind a title or not and the reason I take absolutely no notice of them, and neither should you.

The order was around 6 hours with cutscene's, and had terrible replay value. QB is short, but its still around 10hrs with everything from what I've heard, and has far better replay value. Will be trying it out today.

As someone who owns and completed The Order, I can tell you that game is shit for replay value. Exploration feels pointless and the object lying around add little to the story. You cant even skip the cutscenes which deters you from playing it again for the above average gun play.

I've play the first two acts of Quantum Break and its much more satisfying. I genuinely want to replay levels to find things I missed and will likely start a new game to make different story choices. No need to even compare the two games. QB deliverers a much better experience. I could stop playing now and its a better experience than The Order.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

walsufnir said:
The Order didn't get good reviews because it wasn't a good game.
And the game got hit because of its length because people questioned that it is that short. This resulted in people on GAF saying “it took me ten hours because I've taken my time with it“ while there was a complete and legit YouTube walkthrough showing everything and showed how short it really is.
But the length wasn't the only problem of the order, but one of the issues that most talked about because it was a discussion where one side had facts and the other side had an opinion.

People always mention length when talking about The Order but its biggest problem is its boring. The gun play is good, but outside of that the game painfully average and the cutscenes are just boring for the most part. Adding more length to an already boring experience isnt going to save it.

If it was a fun game I guarantee people would ignore how short it is. A game like Vanquish is still praised inspite of being a short game.

Recently Completed

QB meta might have been lower than expected, but were talking like 2-7 points off where a lot predicted. The Order on the other hand was a complete dud and was way lower than expected. I agree with people saying the comparison doesn't make sense.

The Order and Quantum Break both try out some new approaches into gaming, and so far this strategy has not paid off in terms commercial success. Some other games with the same dilemma are Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls. At least Two Souls got good reviews but sold about the same as The Order.

I would not call selling beyond 1,5 million as poor, but as you rightly say, expectations were higher.

Mr Puggsly said:
Blob said:

Well its not half show when you consider the live show is significantly less than half the game.

To me the live show just feels like an experiment. Not necessary, but it came out well and more compelling than cutscenes in most games. TV shows like this often dont move as quickly.

Hell yeah, most games just don't know how to do cutscenes. Also most games don't need them, TLOU and Uncharted are some of the only games that cutscenes work really well.

Far cry is another, but they're not necessarily needed, I don't remember there being many cutscenes in Tomb Raider (2013) but I was still engrossed in the story. But it's nice to see another approach to something most devs get wrong. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'