By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [CRAVE] Baldur’s Gate Expansion controversy

vkaraujo said:
mornelithe said:

Yeah, it's been covered, I even included several videos as well as the owner of Beamdogs letter, indicating they would be working on the TG characters writing (which was the complaint, not that the character was TG), as well as removing a line of dialogue from Minsc that really had no place in that universe.  But, the OP hasn't touched the thread in 2 days, and well, as you say, dishonest reporting.

Hey, hey, wait a second.

It is not everyday i have (or want to spend) the time to come here and read everything.
Just posted the news to start the discussion, not even manifested myself about the situation so far.

I have seen boogie's video and saw Trent answer. I will update the OP with that when i have the time (if a mod see this, please feel free to do so, if you want).

Also, i understand the complain about the title, but that's how i usually bring articles here. I put the source between brackets and use the original title from the source. Since it seems it became a issue, i will try to update it to something else.

I appreciate your response, and I appreciate your efforts to update the OP at your earliest convenience.  When you do though, take a look at the volume of people responding to what's clearly a rather biased article from Crave.  It's just unfortunate seeing how fast misinformation spreads, knowing that sites like Crave, Kotaku, etc... won't do much at all to correct their horseshit reporting, even though the owner of Beamdog has basically admitted that the writing for their character was severely lacking.   It's not your fault, shouldn't have jabbed at you.

Around the Network

"Minsc – Minsc has a line which generated controversy. Looking back on the line, we agree with the feedback from our community, it has nothing to do with his character and we will be removing the line. "

So they're removing the line due to backlash? This begs the question, will there be even more backlash because the devs caved in and altered the game's content?

Umh, this was few years ago, but 55% female recruits couldn't pass 3 pull-up test, while 99% of males passed. Men needed 15 for perfect score, while women needed 8.

Now, I would be all for having Vasquez from Aliens by my side, but if they going to lower standards, so someone feels happy about "gender equality", then fuck it.

vkaraujo said:

It is not everyday i have (or want to spend) the time to come here and read everything.
Just posted the news to start the discussion, not even manifested myself about the situation so far.

Oh, so you admit to breaking the forum rules.

Thread Content:

• Copy-pasting full transcriptions of articles is strictly prohibited. Instead, you may paste specific sections of the article that pertain to the subject of your thread.
  • Likewise, your thread should never only be a link to the story/article/video/etc.

Reported!!

Not really.

forest-spirit said:

"Minsc – Minsc has a line which generated controversy. Looking back on the line, we agree with the feedback from our community, it has nothing to do with his character and we will be removing the line. "

So they're removing the line due to backlash? This begs the question, will there be even more backlash because the devs caved in and altered the game's content?

I can't tell if you're doing this for irony's sake or a geniune question.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
forest-spirit said:

I can't tell if you're doing this for irony's sake or a geniune question.

Eh, bit of both. 😀