By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV- do you think it'll go on NX?

MartinD said:
Luke888 said:

http://nintendoeverything.com/upcoming-japanese-eshop-releases-41316-final-fantasy-iv-advance-and-more/

*cough cough*

You know that i mean a new one. Who gives a #&£ about ff4.

I just checked. Ff6 was released on the snes in 1994....so, 22 years ago, the last ff was released on a nintendo machine. I mean the new releases. No ff4 or 3 or whatever.

lolz sorry but I couldn't help but do this when I saw that you used the wording "comes back" :v

Around the Network
Qwark said:
Cubedramirez said:
Yes, because they need to sell such a large amount they have no choice but to put it on everything that can run it.

Don't take Cloud being in Super Smash as just a fluke, things happen for a reason.

Ryu is also in SSB and so was snake in brawl, so that could very well be just a fluke.

Snake was meant to be Melee but Kojima submitted him to late so he ended up in brawl instead, GC just happened to recieve a remake of MGS in TS so essentially it did mean something more relevant than you think.

If the installed base will become large enough, and the architecture will be simple enough and performances good enough to make a port easy and profitable, why not?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

i dont get the op guy, i mean, he is ditching the pc version cuz is not coming at the same time as x1/ps4, but it looks like he is willing to wait for the nx version. Also... Can i ask why the ps4 and xone arent not even an option worth considering? thats pretty odd if you ask me

Edit: About the question itself, i do believe the nx is going to get the game

it's releasing on the Xbone, thus anything is possible. It would sell a lot better on NX than Xbone. I think it will be released on the NX.

Hi

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Guitarguy said:

I understand and totally agree with you IF we look at those individual factors taken in isolation. However when combined, it does not really paint a pretty picture. Nintendo's relations with 3rd party developers has been terrible since at least the Nintendo 64(and only just bad on the SNES) when they were charging exorbitant royalties for publishers per cartridge.

The Wii sold well over 100 million units, and yet, did not see a single mainline Final Fantasy. So the notion of "if the NX sells, it will get it" is far from being an absolute truth. I could understand if you said "if the NX is powerful enough and garners a large enough userbase, then it will get it", but you didn't say that :P

But hey, I could be very wrong on this one, just my opinion on the subject.

Hey, you understood what I meant!

Just as a side note: SNES had great third party support.Many of the best games of all time comes from it, and many are not from Nintendo.

The SNES did get good third party support but I could see Nintendo's treatment of some third parties being more restrictive compared to Sega especially in terms of cersoring mature content. Definitely a great console! I miss old-school Rare so dearly :(

fleischr said:

I'm pretty certain it will.

And for more than the extensive Final Fantasy-Nintendo fanservice that's been creeping up lately.

Personally, I think FFXV was very early on an animus for Nintendo to start developing the NX platform. Nintendo naturally wanted it on WiiU, but when Square's earnest feedback said "not possible" and the WiiU platform began to falter, Nintendo made a dedicated effort to provide a platform that could be ported quickly *and* provide the best version of this game. Nintendo knew that if they could accomplish that with FFXV, they could feasibly get any other 3rd party game that's under development at the time for NX.

So naturally as the NX platform emerged, FFXV this whole time has been a sandbox for demonstrating and benchmarking the NX's capability.

The game's been in development from before Nintendo started working on Wii u. If they really wanted it, would have made a powerful console on par with the competition since they know Square will release the game on playstation as main platform. What you said makes no sense

Qwark said:
Cubedramirez said:
Yes, because they need to sell such a large amount they have no choice but to put it on everything that can run it.

Don't take Cloud being in Super Smash as just a fluke, things happen for a reason.

Ryu is also in SSB and so was snake in brawl, so that could very well be just a fluke.

Snake was supposed to be in Melee but that didn't make it in on time. Capcom and Nintendo actually have an extremely close relationship with developing first party Nintendo titles jointly so using Ryu was an extention of that relationship. 

Cloud in SSBW either points to the remake of FF7 coming to the NX or FFXV plus FF7 making it's way to the NX.

I don't think FF XV will arrive on other platform instead of PS4 and one, due to the luminous engine. Maybe a PC port later in the years but not NX. Instead i think a port of DQ XI and maybe FF VII remake could arrive, but not sure for the last.

leyendax69 said:

The game's been in development from before Nintendo started working on Wii u. If they really wanted it, would have made a powerful console on par with the competition since they know Square will release the game on playstation as main platform. What you said makes no sense

ICYMI : This game has been in development from before Sony and Microsoft started working on PS4 and X1. I'm not saying FFXV will be on WiiU - I'm saying it'll be on NX.

The NX's entire existence is more less owed to Nintendo saying, "we messed up the WiiU. How do we make the next platform better?"

Square knows they would be fools to turn down NX as an additioanl platform if porting to FFXV were the least bit feasible

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016