By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Quantum Break on PC has serious issues

nxgamerz said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Please tell me a PC port of a game that doesn't have a quit button, that was a good port. Actually, just one that doesn't have a quit button in general. 

Really? Cause when I open the Calculator App that has a quit button, oh 'Food and Drink' does as well, actually every app I have come across has an exit or a quit button.

carcassonne, clash royale, minesweeper. the last 3 games i played all don't have a quit button
as i said. apps (and uwp apps are designed to be "apps") don't have quit buttons in general

Clash Royale isn't a PC game, you can only play it if you have an iOS or Android emulator.
Minesweeper has an exit button on the top right corner. 
Carcassonne I haven't found anything on but it's a simple flash game you can play on Kongregate. It's laughable that those 3 simplistic titles 2 of which were wrong are your defence.

Every app I have on my PC I can exit by putting my mouse to the top and clicking 'x'.

But hey lets put Quantum Break on the same level as Carcassonne (assuming you're right) that's a great comparison, I see my original post is correct, we're now defending the lack of quit buttons in video games, Gears ultimate didn't have this problem, Rise of the Tomb Raider doesn't seem to have this problem.

TL;DR

It's a stupid over sight that will likely be fixed, it's a small problem in the list of problems, it's not even a giant issue it just shows a lack of caring. But defending it is laughable.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
Wright said:
pokoko said:

I reported you 10 times, purely on principle.  Enjoy your ban!1

What was the reason given? :(

Insulting us elites and general rattiness  =(  

... even though my own card is below an Xbox One.

If i can grab it for 10 bucks on the ucranian store i'll take my risks with that. If not see you in a few years remedy :c

The no exit button is mainly a issue for people that want to game it on a couch with a controller.
It ll just mean you ll have to get out of your seat, go to the pc and do it from there.

This might be abit overblown, reaction wise.
Still the fact that its missing is just weird, more than anything.

Also since embargo hasnt lifted, we dont have any solid review or benchmarks of the pc version yet.

The fact that we wont have any pc reviews/benchmarks until after the game has launched is abit weird as well.

I'm not surprised at all, a lot of poor PC versions of console games are flying around since roughly 2005. I'll believe MS' new and planned super-duper PC support bonanza when I see it.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

The no exit button is mainly a issue for people that want to game it on a couch with a controller.
It ll just mean you ll have to get out of your seat, go to the pc and do it from there.

This might be abit overblown, reaction wise.
Still the fact that its missing is just weird, more than anything.

Also since embargo hasnt lifted, we dont have any solid review or benchmarks of the pc version yet.

The fact that we wont have any pc reviews/benchmarks until after the game has launched is abit weird as well.

It wouldn't be a big issue if that was the only problem with it, but it has a host of problems and the lack of a quit button is a weird oversight that shows the lack of caring they put into the port.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Bandorr said:
I am curious why they didn't give out any PC review codes.

Want more people to play xbox one version. Maybe Remedy wasn't making a PC version it was just a supa late port that they didn't want to do but MS wanted them to do. 

*Remedy sees QB on PC has no quit button* "Ah crap I knew we were forgetting something :P"

Bandorr said:

@chobel_gaf outstanding- game looks incredible running at 60fps
@nightygale @chobel_gaf mine? OC'd 6700k and OC'd 980ti SC 32GB ram

So all you need is that to have the game run well - problem solved.

Hahahahaha! Hate their new pc gaming strategy, so good! Hope they flop badly...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Sucks about the issues, unfortunately that's a common thing with PC releases.

Though, having to alt+tab to close isn't really an issue. Very nitpicky.