By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Quantum Break on PC has serious issues

What a shame. Remedy did a good job with the Alan Wake port, and I was expecting the same with Quantum Break. Maybe it's true that they rushed the launch to coincide with the console version.

And, just for curiosity, how do you exit an app on Win10? Why couldn't they add the simple "Exit to desktop" option in the main menu? It sounds almost like a bad joke.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

1) Its a app, the menu system it has lacks a "quit" option.

You need to ctrl+alt+delete, and manually close the thing, or atl+tab & close the the window from the taskbar.

2) Graphics are barely better than the Xbox version. Even with high end cards.

3) Frame issues, Nvidia geforce 980, runs it very slow, even at low settings. We re talking sub 30 fps.

4) Controls bad with mouse&keyboard, you want to use a controller for this game.

Things like these are when I'm the most puzzled about Microsoft's decisions and directions.

They often have a great product with potential to be very successful but in the last critical (but often easiest) steps they cut corners and rush it.

Thanks to exclusive PC access to Quantum Break, Gears of War, Forza, Halo Wars, ReCore, Scalebound, etc. Windows Store could be a great alternative and competitor to Steam but in order to be successful Microsoft has to take it seriously and at the moment they aren't.

Enough with the "running in app mode". PC gamers don't want that. They want optimized games and support for things like multi-CPUs and mods. Personally, I'd like an option to sort out all the "phone games" and solitaire copies and only be presented with games like Rise of the Tomb Raier, Gears of War UE, Quantum Break, Minecraft, Halo Wars, Killer Instinct, Forza 6, Project Spark, etc.

If you don't have the ideas yourself, get inspiration from Steam/GOG/Origin and implement the best features in your own product. Of course Windows Store can improve over time but its push and persuasiveness would be so much more effective if basic features was implemented day 1.

pokoko said:
Wright said:

Maybe...it's because Xbox is as good as high end cards? (?)

I reported you 10 times, purely on principle.  Enjoy your ban!1

What was the reason given? :(

lol twitter posts as pictures to prove. not the actual game?
so we judge games by twitter posts these days. what a time to be alive...

edit:
i'm playing carcassonne right now
it does not have an exit button, either. what a shit game

drkohler said:
pokoko said:

"You need to ctrl+alt+delete, and manually close the thing, or atl+tab & close the the window from the taskbar."

Wait, what?  Seriously? 

QB is a Windows 10 application

Maybe the guy should learn how to quit a Windows 10 application....

Are we defending the lack of a 'quit' option now? Is that what's happening?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
drkohler said:

QB is a Windows 10 application

Maybe the guy should learn how to quit a Windows 10 application....

no. we just call out the "coincidence" that this only become a noteworthy complain when ms ports xbox games to uwp while this stuff is common since years.
apps don't have a quit button in general.

So we're stuck with a 720p30fps version, thanks Remedy!

nxgamerz said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

no. we just call out the "coincidence" that this only become a noteworthy complain when ms ports xbox games to uwp while this stuff is common since years.

Please tell me a PC port of a game that doesn't have a quit button, that was a good port. Actually, just one that doesn't have a quit button in general. 

Really? Cause when I open the Calculator App that has a quit button, oh 'Food and Drink' does as well, actually every app I have come across has an exit or a quit button.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
nxgamerz said:

Please tell me a PC port of a game that doesn't have a quit button, that was a good port. Actually, just one that doesn't have a quit button in general. 

Really? Cause when I open the Calculator App that has a quit button, oh 'Food and Drink' does as well, actually every app I have come across has an exit or a quit button.

carcassonne, clash royale, minesweeper. the last 3 games i played all don't have a quit button
as i said. apps (and uwp apps are designed to be "apps") don't have quit buttons in general

nxgamerz said:

Gears Ultimate has the "quit" option.