By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What region of the world do you think should deserve a New Pokemon Game?

Tagged games:

Should Brazil become a Pokemon Region?

Hell Yes! 29 65.91%

No, it's a corrupt country! 15 34.09%

Total:44

so many pics....
Glad that you enjoyed a lot your stay in our country. You were very lucky to find snow in Brazil, we rarely have snow and when it happens it´s just for very few days (sometimes hours!)

Brazil is such a huuuuge and diverse country, that it would be possible to create a entire new Pokemon region based on a single brazilian state - no kidding! Nintendo could take some good ideas, it would be interesting and give the series a very different scenario.

Next time you come to São Paulo, let us know, so we can give you some tips. That city is gigantic and there are some hidden gems to enjoy there.

Around the Network
VaultDweller said:

As a Brazilian, you're the first person I've ever seen calling Acre "cute". We actually say it's just a myth and that it doesnt' exist (Illuminati?)
As for everything left, fantastic. PLEASE GAME FREAK, PLEASE! Some points:This pink building in Amazonas in actually an Opera House. I find it marvelous, but the yellow/green top is disastrous.The story of the game could be based around an corrupt evil team, hehe (I'm laughing now but inside i'm actually crying)

hahahahhaah., Poor Acre..... but believe me, if you visit Rio Branco anyday, I´m sure you will love its people and its laid-back, slow pace nature.

Now about the story....yeah.... based or not in Brazil  a plot about corruption in politics or something related would be really interesting in Pokemon.

Next time you visit Brazil, make sure to stop at Minas Gerais (where I live) and take a closer look at Ouro Preto - a historical city filled with portuguese and colonial arquiteture - and Belo Horizonte, Minas' capitol.

Brazil would be cool...
I have a friend from Recife...
I know they would never do it, but I think it would be cool if they made a game set in a region inspired by North Korea or a similar oppressive regime that outlaws training and battling Pokemon...
Rather than fighting a crime syndicate, you would fight secret police agents and government officials...

Have a nice day...

Rogerioandrade said:

so many pics....
Glad that you enjoyed a lot your stay in our country. You were very lucky to find snow in Brazil, we rarely have snow and when it happens it´s just for very few days (sometimes hours!)

Brazil is such a huuuuge and diverse country, that it would be possible to create a entire new Pokemon region based on a single brazilian state - no kidding! Nintendo could take some good ideas, it would be interesting and give the series a very different scenario.

Next time you come to São Paulo, let us know, so we can give you some tips. That city is gigantic and there are some hidden gems to enjoy there.

Will sure tell you just been there for 2 days (the day I came and the day I left, just went to the Paulista Avenue and a neighborhood full of pubs, can't recall the name!

In fact I didn't see snow in Brazil... Just read about it!

mZuzek said:
PlayMatt said:

Should have posted here I was going, didn't know there were many brazilians here! Where do you live?  I went to Sao Paulo, Vitoria, Rio, Curitiba and Iguazu Falls!

I live in the best city in the world, er, I mean, Curitiba.

Loved your city been there for some days :)

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

Around the Network

Nope, too much water.

Brazil sounds like a cool idea, specially if I can catch a mother fucking witch alligator! That is fucking badass. I'm all in.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

mZuzek said:
PlayMatt said:

I wonder where you read about it, because as far as I know snow in Brazil only happens like every 50 years and only in the coldest places (I guess Curitiba and Rio Grande do Sul)... and even then, I think I'm highballin. It's probably more rare than that.

As crazy as it may sound, snow has been falling more frequently in the latest 20-30 years.  In 2013, 120 cities in the South Region registered snow.: http://noticias.terra.com.br/infograficos/mapa-da-neve/ 

In 2014, 14 cities saw snow and in 2015, apparently no city had snow. It seems that snow here happens in cicles of 03-04 years.

Of course it´s nothing comparable to what we see in countries like Argentina or Chile, when it happens it´s just thin snow, not enough for snow sports, for example, but enough to see a white landscape in high points of the region.

mZuzek said:
PlayMatt said:

I wonder where you read about it, because as far as I know snow in Brazil only happens like every 50 years and only in the coldest places (I guess Curitiba and Rio Grande do Sul)... and even then, I think I'm highballin. It's probably more rare than that.

haha I might be wrong as I don't live there... but I read some stuff about Sao Joaquim being the snow city of Brazil in the state of Santa Catarina, also saw that cute snow castle don't recall the state 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_in_Brazil

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%A3o_Joaquim

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

Never thought a Pokemon thread would turn into a panoramic tour of Brazil's hidden treasures

Seriously, with all the animal pictures you posted, I could definitely see some Pokemons made out of them.