By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 18 minutes of Uncharted 4

mornelithe said:
Looks great, my only real critique is the mud doesn't wash off the tires when he enters the river w/ the vehicle :) Other than that looks beautiful, can't wait to play.

I could have sworn I saw that happend (mud tires, drives into water, it washes off).

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
mornelithe said:
Looks great, my only real critique is the mud doesn't wash off the tires when he enters the river w/ the vehicle :) Other than that looks beautiful, can't wait to play.

I could have sworn I saw that happend (mud tires, drives into water, it washes off).

There's a particular part in the first video that I'm talking about, 6:23-6:38, that just doesn't look quite right.  Too much mud remains on the tires imo.  But, as I said, a very very minor nitpick.

LudicrousSpeed said:
OneKartVita said:
I refuse to watch. Why would I spoil some of a game I've got pre ordered.

It doesn't spoil anything really. Just shows off some gameplay.

JustBeingReal said:

There's nothing wonky about those animations, they're smooth and natural, like everything's procedurally happening as a result of the gravity and inertia in play on the vehicle or as a result of the weight of the objects in the game.

Maybe it's because usually animations in a lot of other games aren't this natural and realistic. Not surprising since ND are awesome in that area.

We can agree to disagree. Some of them are great, some of them just look bad to me. Especially transitions from climbing to standing, or dropping to standing. Nothing smooth about some of them at all. Since you mentioned it, the gravity and inertia in play with the vehicle is off too. The gas can sways the wrong direction at times, and if its free to sling back and forth when the 4x4 rocks one way or the other, it should fly out at times when the 4x4 takes sudden drops. The characters inside the 4x4 also only seem to be affected by lateral physics. 

Just small nitpicking though. As I said, the video is fantastic.

Also I updated the OP, the video has been made private.

Nothing right about what you're saying dude, you're seeing things here. The tank looks like it's being stopped because it's actually secured by a holder on the back of the Jeep. It's actually popping up in the air a bit as the vehicle lands or drops after rising into the air, so no the vehicle isn't just affected by latteral physics.

The can swings left when the vehicle swings the opposite direction and vice versa because that's how it is in real life. Air pressure causes that, along with inertia.

Sony have release the video on their Playstation channel, it looks much better than that leaked footage.

Ruler said:
wow seems that MGS 5 set the standard for shooters every enemy is marked permanently if viewed for a second the 15 minute mark shows

Games have been doing that for years.  Far Cry, for example.

mornelithe said:

Is it mud or is it clay?  

Best quality pictures we have, captured from gamersyde :

All of that is ingame footage

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Ruler said:
wow seems that MGS 5 set the standard for shooters every enemy is marked permanently if viewed for a second the 15 minute mark shows

mornelithe said:

Is it mud or is it clay?  

And Naughty Dog didnt cared about it for years until the Goty MGS5 came along

Ruler said:
pokoko said:

Is it mud or is it clay?  

Uh huh.  So you're giving MGS5 credit for what others have already done because you're assuming that Uncharted 4 didn't have this until they played MGS5.  I see.

pokoko said:
Ruler said:

Uh huh.  So you're giving MGS5 credit for what others have already done because you're assuming that Uncharted 4 didn't have this until they played MGS5.  I see.

yes thats how it works, nobody cared about third person shooters until gears of war came out despite that resident evil 4 invented it

Ruler said:
pokoko said:

yes thats how it works, nobody cared about third person shooters until gears of war came out despite that resident evil 4 invented it

What on earth are you talking about?  You don't get to redefine history just because you want something to be true.  SOCOM, Max Payne, and Siphon Filter were hits before RE4 or Gears were released.  Stop making stuff up.

People will get pissed at this, but I just don't see how the graphics are excellent.  Yes, screenshots can make it look fine, but unless you're looking at the ground the whole time, it seems kind of meh. Anything that is even a bit in the distance seems flat and undetailed. Not to say the game looks good. We'll just have to wait till release.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).