By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 18 minutes of Uncharted 4

Aerys said:

Best quality pictures we have, captured from gamersyde :

All of that is ingame footage

barneystinson69 said:

People will get pissed at this, but I just don't see how the graphics are excellent.  Yes, screenshots can make it look fine, but unless you're looking at the ground the whole time, it seems kind of meh. Anything that is even a bit in the distance seems flat and undetailed. Not to say the game looks good. We'll just have to wait till release.

Not pissed, pretty confused though. The first thing I picked out when watching the preview was how good things in the distance look...The texturing on the cliffs, the way the light plays off of rock faces, the fog around the volcano....

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:

People will get pissed at this, but I just don't see how the graphics are excellent.  Yes, screenshots can make it look fine, but unless you're looking at the ground the whole time, it seems kind of meh. Anything that is even a bit in the distance seems flat and undetailed. Not to say the game looks good. We'll just have to wait till release.

It doesn't surprise me that you are trying to downplay a Sony exclusive :-/.

At least ludicrousspeed admits that the game looks good, even with his animation critique.

barneystinson69 said:

Are you watching the same thing I am?

Its like the most detailed enviroments in a game world, for any console game Ive ever seen, judgeing by those videos.

mud looks too real 7.8/10 - IGN

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
sabvre42 said:
barneystinson69 said:

It doesn't surprise me that you are trying to downplay a Sony exclusive :-/.

At least ludicrousspeed admits that the game looks good, even with his animation critique.

Why would you assume that. I still said the game looks good, but saying its the best looking game ever seems to be stretching it. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:
sabvre42 said:

Why would you assume that. I still said the game looks good, but saying its the best looking game ever seems to be stretching it. 

Honestly Its the best looking game Ive ever seen (on video).

The last time a game wowed me this much was when I saw crysis with texture packs & heavy mods for pc.

JRPGfan said:
barneystinson69 said:

The last time a game wowed me this much was when I saw crysis with texture packs & heavy mods for pc.

Sorry, but I guess I just can't see it. Not saying it looks bad, quite the opposite. But I have a feeling people are overhyping its graphics.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:

So, if I may ask, what's the best looking console game you've ever seen then? Any games that have a similar scale?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

The detail on everything is amazing.. and I'm not talking about graphics

barneystinson69 said:
JRPGfan said:

Sorry, but I guess I just can't see it. Not saying it looks bad, quite the opposite. But I have a feeling people are overhyping its graphics.

I wanted to see if you where right... so I went to watch a Far Cry primal video or two (its a new game, its outdoors, why not).

The differnce is insane. Uncharted 4 makes the newest far cry look bad.

Saw a video of Star Wars Battlefront, it is new and considred a pretty game...

but again it just not anywhere near Uncharted 4 in terms of graphics, imo after watching the videos.

Out of curiousty what game would you say on consoles, is on the same level as this?