By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry vs Final Fantasy XV Platinum demo

yeah I didn't really mind the resolution, but the low framerate is quite noticeable. I'd rather have 720p and stable 30FPS.

Around the Network

Fix the frame rate, everything else will do.

Can't wait for the PS4k version

It's rough but still day 1, waited 10 years for this even if it isn't the same game as versusXIII anymore. They have 6 more months to optimize so hoping for the best.

Some of the best games had huge performance issues like Ocarina of Time which ran at 20fps.

It's a shame. I really hope they fix these issues before release. We're 3 years into the gen so there's no real excuse at this stage.

Around the Network
Qwark said:
Hynad said:

3 months from now. But what tells you that the process hasn't already started a while ago?

Episode Duscae is much more fleshed out than the "Platinum Demo" and it runs much better, even if it does have some small issues. So I don't think anyone should take the performance of the new demo at face value.

It still is the most recent demo so it should represent the latest build. Why would they use an older build for a new demo. For all we know the latest build runs like this the entire time and that's not remotely impressive. Well we shall see September the 30th, but I think the performance off this game might not be a smooth 30fps experience which should be the bare minimum.

This demo didn'ty get the same kind of care that the Episode Duscae received, for one. And second this "Platinum Demo" looks like it's been rushed so they could have it in time for their big event. The entire thing feels like it was put together in a hurry. You choose to believe your assumptions, I choose to believe mine. Negativity versus positivity. We'll see when the game comes out.

Turkish said:
It's rough but still day 1, waited 10 years for this even if it isn't the same game as versusXIII anymore. They have 6 more months to optimize so hoping for the best.

Some of the best games had huge performance issues like Ocarina of Time which ran at 20fps.

Apparently the PAL version of Ocarina ran at 17 fps at most. But back then we weren't as concerned with framerate.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:
Turkish said:

Apparently the PAL version of Ocarina ran at 17 fps at most. But back then we weren't as concerned with framerate.

I can't speak for him, but this is one of the reasons why I couldn't enjoy the game as much as everyone else back then. That, and the contols.

Qwark said:
Hynad said:

3 months from now. But what tells you that the process hasn't already started a while ago?

Episode Duscae is much more fleshed out than the "Platinum Demo" and it runs much better, even if it does have some small issues. So I don't think anyone should take the performance of the new demo at face value.

It still is the most recent demo so it should represent the latest build. Why would they use an older build for a new demo. For all we know the latest build runs like this the entire time and that's not remotely impressive. Well we shall see September the 30th, but I think the performance off this game might not be a smooth 30fps experience which should be the bare minimum.

this demo can't "represent the latest build", because it's content (apart from alot of the assets and stuff) is not in the final game

spending time on polishing the scenes of this demo takes time away from polishing up the full game, so I think they released it in a "just good enough" state

FunFan said:
naruball said:
Jesus Christ. Gamers and their exaggerations. It's like some people's scale goes: amazing, great, shit. There's decent, mediocre, ok, acceptable, could be better, etc. But no!!! If it ain't perfect it's garbage.

No one is saying its garbage. But it is definitely concerning.

Please don't speak for everyone. You may also want to read the very first reply of this thread.