By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry vs Final Fantasy XV Platinum demo

Azzanation said:
Hynad said:

Only twice the power of a PS4? You mean almost 4TFlops instead of 1.84? 

LOL. Uncharted 4, for example, is a 1080p game that runs at 30fps in its single player campaign. Twice the power would easily make a locked 60fps possible at the same resolution. The same would apply for Final Fantasy XV. 

The things you say at times... -___- 

But we are not talking about UC4 are we. We are talking about FF15 which runs lower then 900p and drops to 15 frames.

The things you say at time... -___-

Nice trying to change the game topic.

You think twice the power is necessary for a game to jump from 1080p 30fps to 1080p 60fps? LOL! 

With twice the power, Final Fantasy would run at 1080p 60fps without any problem. It already, albeit roughly, runs at 30fps and resolution is dynamic. Twice the power and nothing seen in there would struggle at a fixed 60 fps, in 1080p. It could struggle if they'd improve the quality of every assets like textures, shadows, alpha effects, etc. But if they'd use assets as they currently are, but fixed the resolution to 1080p and lock the framerate at 60, twice the power they currently have would be enough.

Demanding games on PC barely require that much power to run in 1080p and 60fps. And they're not as deeply optimized as console games to begin with. 

Around the Network
TheDeleter said:
Hynad said:

Only twice the power of a PS4? You mean almost 4TFlops instead of 1.84? 

LOL. Uncharted 4, for example, is a 1080p game that runs at 30fps in its single player campaign. Twice the power would easily make a locked 60fps possible at the same resolution. The same would apply for Final Fantasy XV. 

The things you say at times... -___- 

PS4K will render UC4 at 60 frames because it already runs at 1080p. FFXV is not 1080p and like Azzanation pointed out will only render one or the other not both with twice the power.

You proved his point. 

Fact is twice the power isnt enough to boost both specs of a game and in XV's case needs both.

Its all rumours anyway.

EL OH EL!!!

You actually created an alt, so that you would have "support" for your claims...

That's priceless! :D

Ruler said:

Art style matter of taste? Its not an opinion its a fact.

FF15 looks like a cgi film in real time. Witcher 3 looks average and it runs @20fps in various locations on ps4 it was proven in countless of videos. I played both FF demos unlike you.

FF has

better alpha effects and magic effects

Giant unique creatures

Runs more stable on ps4

better weather effects

Better character models, every one looks like they have the same poligon count like the main character in witcher

Better lighting effect

Better everything

Except, you know, resolution, framerate, draw distance, alpha... (Btw, if you really think FFXV has better alpha, check out Noct's pixelated hair)

curl-6 said:
Ruler said:

FF15 looks like a cgi film in real time. Witcher 3 looks average and it runs @20fps in various locations on ps4 it was proven in countless of videos. I played both FF demos unlike you.

FF has

Giant unique creatures

Runs more stable on ps4

better weather effects

Better character models, every one looks like they have the same poligon count like the main character in witcher

Better lighting effect

Better everything

Except, you know, resolution, framerate, draw distance, alpha... (Btw, if you really think FFXV has better alpha, check out Noct's pixelated hair)

I really hope they find a way to fix the pexelation of the hair. Because it's really well done and animates very well.

curl-6 said:
Ruler said:

FF has

Giant unique creatures

Runs more stable on ps4

better weather effects

Better lighting effect

Better everything

if this is all what you can concentrate in this picture 

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Ruler said:

FF has

Giant unique creatures

Runs more stable on ps4

better weather effects

Better lighting effect

Better everything

You played both demos unlike me? Get out of here. I have both demos AND The Witcher 3. Heck, I even pre-ordered the Ultimate Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XV, so it's not like I'm biased against either games when I address those points. Unlike you. 

I think you buy into the hype way too much to see things rationally and reasonably. And I know discussing this further with you is going to be an exercise in futility. So I'll leave it at that.

thats why you set your Trophies at private, you proved everything

Ruler said:
Hynad said:

You played both demos unlike me? Get out of here. I have both demos AND The Witcher 3. Heck, I even pre-ordered the Ultimate Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XV, so it's not like I'm biased against either games when I address those points. Unlike you. 

I think you buy into the hype way too much to see things rationally and reasonably. And I know discussing this further with you is going to be an exercise in futility. So I'll leave it at that.

thats why you set your Trophies at private, you proved everything

LOL! Are you kidding me? What do Trophies have to do with anything?

There are no trophies set for the FFXV demos so you wouldn't see them in my Trophies list. xD

But here is a nice off-screen picture of my PS4 screen:

And here's a pic that shows that I indeed own a Day One edition of Final Fantasy Type 0, with which the Episode Duscae came with.

It also shows that I play plenty of different types of games, because, why not? =P

Ruler said:
curl-6 said:

if this is all what you can concentrate in this picture 

Not at all, just that the game clearly does not have better alpha than the Witcher 3.

I was going to make a joke about 10 years and 10 fps but I don't have anything worth.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

curl-6 said:

Not at all, just that the game clearly does not have better alpha than the Witcher 3.

I think FF XV has the better alpha effects but I'm still unimpressed until we can get OIT ...