By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry vs Final Fantasy XV Platinum demo

Swordmasterman said:
binary solo said:

You might have had a valid point if it wasn't for the fact that games that already exist have done more with better performance.

Why all this Hate towards Final Fantasy ?, the Director Itself since second 1 stated that the Game is just to show Mechanics, isn't a part of the game, and isn't intended to show the Game's True Performance,  and there isn't nothing like Final Fantasy XV, out yet, The Witcher 3, might be a good game, but it use a Terrible Combat Mechanics,  those mechanics aren't good for  a Open World game, Final Fantasy, will have a Very good Night, and Day, System, will use a lot of Particles that The Witcher, hasn't used, the Environment will affect the game, when Raining the Lightning spell will be more effective, but Fire will not, the Fire will ignite the location and this can harm you as well, and the Combat is more intense, and with more Mechanics.

I Think that from the games that will Launch, Dark Souls 3, is the closest RPG game, to compare Final Fantasy XV.

Why are you quoting me? I never said anything against FF. I just pointed out there are games that have better performance and that do a lot of stuff. I don;t know how lightning spells doing increased damage if raining should be a special note, it would just be one line of "if this then that" code and not at all a burden on processing, and besides, TW3 has those sorts of combat modifiers for sign effects, and vs specific enemies.

My response was to the suggestion that FF is so technically awesome that its OP for consoles. And I am always very sceptical about suggestions that a console has been maxed, this early in the cycle.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
VXIII said:

the tech demo isn't going to be part of the game

Is the content in Episode Duscae going to be part of the final game?

It seems a bit wasteful to produce new content solely for the purposes of a demo instead of just taking content from the actual game.

curl-6 said:
VXIII said:

the tech demo isn't going to be part of the game

Is the content in Episode Duscae going to be part of the final game?

It seems a bit wasteful to produce new content solely for the purposes of a demo instead of just taking content from the actual game.

Curious to hear why you are not acknowledging and considering what the game is trying to achieve with its checklist of features like you do for Nintendo titles...

In any case, assets from the demos are going to be a part of the game. Just not used in the same way they were in them.

Hynad said:

In any case, assets from the demos are going to be a part of the game. Just not used in the same way they were in them.

Still seems a little inefficient to me. But do we know if Duscae is going to be part of final product?

curl-6 said:
Hynad said:

Still seems a little inefficient to me. But do we know if Duscae is going to be part of final product?

My guess is that this part of the map will be a part of the game, since a message that says something like "you'll be allowed to explore further in the full game" pops up when you try to go beyond the map boundaries of the demo, but I don't think the events going on will necessarily happen there in the full game.

Around the Network

So, besides the performance, did any one else find the combat system way to simplistic? For smaller enemies you can literally just hold the attack button...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I don't get why wouldn't they just make the game 720p and just call it day.

I'm now filled with determination.

Normchacho said:
So, besides the performance, did any one else find the combat system way to simplistic? For smaller enemies you can literally just hold the attack button...

Yeah, me too, I mean, the combat has depht to it, and I imagine that things get a lot more hectic once you get more than one enemy chasing/attacking you, but for the most part, I think that the game will stay true to tradition; ATTACK>BE HIT>BE AT LOW HEALTH/MAGIC>WARP TO A SAFE PLACE INSTEAD OF USING CURE. Of all the great things that this game could've taken from Kingdom Hearts, the difficulty definitely wasn't one of them.

I'm now filled with determination.

Game should have been 720p on both platforms to boost up the framerate. This is a primary example on how stupid resolution is this gen. For the sake of the dev trying to achieve above 720p for a game at this scale we as gamers have to accept 15 frame drops. Square should learn from Quantum Break. Looks fantastic at 720p and a solid 30 frames.

thatguymarco said:
Normchacho said:

Yeah, me too, I mean, the combat has depht to it, and I imagine that things get a lot more hectic once you get more than one enemy chasing/attacking you, but for the most part, I think that the game will stay true to tradition; ATTACK>BE HIT>BE AT LOW HEALTH/MAGIC>WARP TO A SAFE PLACE INSTEAD OF USING CURE. Of all the great things that this game could've taken from Kingdom Hearts, the difficulty definitely wasn't one of them.

LOL! You base this on that tech demo?

Yeah, the entire game will be like the tech demo. There won't be any additional abilities, magics, techniques and whatnot in there. Probably only 5 types of enemies, and of course, no leveling/upgrade systems. Everything will be a walk in the part with you only holding the attack button the entire time. xD

I swear, the things some of you conclude based on this demo tech is hilarious.