By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you expect from Retro's next Wii U game?

We know that Retro Studios is working on a new Wii U game since November 2013. What do you expect it to be? A new Metroid game? A new DK game? Or something else? New IP?

Around the Network

Something new would be nice, wouldn't be too hyped if it was a new DK.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

There wont be another Retro game on Wii U

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:

They are working on a new Wii U game since November 2013! Their next game is a Wii U game.

greatness

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network
Gamemaster87 said:
zorg1000 said:

They are working on a new Wii U game since November 2013! Their next game is a Wii U game.

which has likely been switched to NX.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

NX launch title confirmed

zorg1000 said:

This. I made the call last year after E3 that 2015 E3 was the last Wii U-focused E3 for Nintendo and some people strongly disagreed. Since then the only new major Wii u game Nintendo have announced has been Paper Mario.

Guitarguy said:
zorg1000 said:

This. I made the call last year after E3 that 2015 E3 was the last Wii U-focused E3 for Nintendo and some people strongly disagreed. Since then the only new major Wii u game Nintendo have announced has been Paper Mario.

ya quite a few of us have been saying Retro's next game will likely be a year 1 NX title.

but of course there are still a few people who cant fathom the idea of NX releasing this year.

Does anyone still work at Retro? The Metroid team is looong gone, and many of the DKC people have moved on too.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.