By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Discrimination On The Rise: Muslim Family Removed From Plane For "How they looked"

sabvre42 said:

Do any of you liberals even fucking read the article before calling racism? At no point did they have any evidence that it had anything to do with race.

That is the epitome of a click bait title.

You don't have to be liberal to say something is racist Sherlock.

And I would say this is more discriminatory than racist. Why? Read the article. Unless the author was biased and took out key information, I would have to say that what the airlines did to the family was unacceptable. We cannot allow people to do this towards Muslims who have nothing to do with the large amounts of terrorism. 

What the hell are they going to do? Put some mentos in a diet coke and attack someone?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
Turkish said:

Have you seen Drumpf's violent rallies? How his supporters attack black protesters and call them the N word, how one man said to kill them? How they attack Mexicans? Its not just Muslims they're targeting, all brown and black people are victims of this new wave of hate!

But to reply to your clearly off-topic response, I don't think you're seeing the whole picture. I suggest that you look at all the facts, first. I don't even support Trump, but it's people like you that are the reason for his continued success in the Republican primary. Anyways, we're already off-topic as it is. I suggest that you actually address my previous comment and stop generalizing muslims as brown people.

More than 90% of the muslim population is brown. Just because there's a minority that isn't brown doesn't make my comment invalid. This is racism against a family that is brown and didn't look like your average white american, that is racism, if this family was white, if the woman didn't wear a veil, they wouldn't be targeted by this hate crime.

mornelithe said:
Turkish said:

This is racism and discrimination, seggregating people because they look different than the avg white american. It reminds me of Nazi Germany, are you supporting these Hitler like practices? WOW! The family didn't do anything wrong, no matter how you slice it, this is injustice done to them. How would you feel if this happened to your family and your children?  If it happened to me I would see the airline for at least $100 million dollars. No way they can get away with that.

and LMAO at your anecdotal story, yeah it was just a coincidence that exactly a brown family had to be taken off the flight and not the whites sitting next to them!

Why is it, everyone who wasn't around for Nazi Germany, knows exactly what Nazi Germany was like?   Clearly, you know fuck all about Nazi Germany.

That wasn't 'segegration', it was the systematic indefinite detention and annihilation of certain segments of German society, either blamed for economic woes, or simply deemed as undesirable, or inferior.  Frankly, your watering down of those events is unfathomably more disgusting than what's occurred on this plane.

People constantly misinterpret Nazi Germany and what happened in the holocaust.

Dumbass lefties act like they're super experts on "unbiased" history. 

What people need to realize is that coincidences happen. If someone were to mug me, would I be in the news because I'm a minority? Would it go from a simple mugging into a large hate crime? News flash, it probably would. 

As long as people keep blowing things out of proportion, we'll go nowhere at all. Everyone gets treated horribly, we need to stop pampering Muslims 100% of the time whenever something happens to them. At the same time though, we can't go around being douches to them.

Goddamn, I wonder why it's so hard for people to look more closely at information.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Turkish said:
Aura7541 said:

But to reply to your clearly off-topic response, I don't think you're seeing the whole picture. I suggest that you look at all the facts, first. I don't even support Trump, but it's people like you that are the reason for his continued success in the Republican primary. Anyways, we're already off-topic as it is. I suggest that you actually address my previous comment and stop generalizing muslims as brown people.

More than 90% of the muslim population is brown. Just because there's a minority that isn't brown doesn't make my comment invalid. This is racism against a family that is brown and didn't look like your average white american, that is racism, if this family was white, if the woman didn't wear a veil, they wouldn't be targeted by this hate crime.

I'd like to clarify- most Muslims tend to actually be Asian. The second largest group is then Black, and the race list goes on.

http://www.pewforum.org/2009/10/07/mapping-the-global-muslim-population/

Funny how everyone typically relates Muslims to arabs with large beards and 10+ kids. Most Muslims actually live in Asia.

hershel_layton said:
Turkish said:

I'd like to clarify- most Muslims tend to actually be Asian. The second largest group is then Black, and the race list goes on.

Funny how everyone typically relates Muslims to arabs with large beards and 10+ kids. Most Muslims actually live in Asia.

Indeed most Muslims are from Pakistan, the Indian subcontinent and Bangladesh, they're still brown. They would've also been targeted on that plane just because of their appearance. None on that plane could know this family was Muslim, you don't fill a form to state your religion before entering a plane. I repeat, they were targeted because of their appearance.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
hershel_layton said:

Indeed most Muslims are from Pakistan, the Indian subcontinent and Bangladesh, they're still brown. They would've also been targeted on that plane just because of their appearance. None on that plane could know this family was Muslim, you don't fill a form to state your religion before entering a plane. I repeat, they were targeted because of their appearance.

Never said I disagree. I just wanted to clarify.

Anyways, that's not the point. I do agree with you that this was unfair. in all honesty, I don't want the risk of extremists and all, but that doesn't justify what the airline did to the family. They went through gates of security(probably got double checked), how the hell are they going to do anything? If they were going to do something, they would have done it earlier.

Turkish said:
hershel_layton said:

Um... did you not see the hijab in the photo?

I would also say that the family doesn't look that brown. They're quite light-skinned.

I call shenanigans on this... what family takes their kids on "spring break" to Washington DC?

Terrorist attack averted!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

This isn't ok, but neither was throwing airpanes at buildings...

Nem said:
This isn't ok, but neither was throwing airpanes at buildings...

What exactly has this family got to do with that incident?