By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Discrimination On The Rise: Muslim Family Removed From Plane For "How they looked"

I believe 50 years from now a big percentage of the bigots died out. Then they won't hold a majority of political and financial power so this can't happen anymore.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mbvd/muslim-woman-accuses-united-airlines-of-discrimination#.ayDv0pkzY3

Videos unavailable. Would have liked to have seen them especially considering: "In a statement to BuzzFeed News, United Airlines said that the family was rebooked “on a later flight because of concerns about their child’s safety seat, which did not comply with federal safety regulations.”"

gintama said:
the land of dimocracy they said , freedom they said , imagine if you pay for a flight and they kick you off
i hope this airline company go out of business

Yeah, I wish this billion-dollar multinational company with its thousands of employees would just go out of business for what two of its employees did. I think it's totally fair that thousands of people should lose their livelihoods and the economy should take a big hit just because two people did something I don't like. Absolutely!

This is exactly why we can't have freedom of speech anymore. What, one employee said something I don't like? Boycott the company! Harass its executives! Run smear campaigns!

Sigh... Fascists everywhere, man.

vivster said:
I believe 50 years from now a big percentage of the bigots died out. Then they won't hold a majority of political and financial power so this can't happen anymore.

Bigots never die out. They just change flags.

LurkerJ said:
gintama said:
the land of dimocracy they said , freedom they said , imagine if you pay for a flight and they kick you off

Still better at those than your country will ever be.

Let's not shitpost just because some staff of an airline behaved wrongly.

why bringing my country ? what does it have to do with this ? 

Around the Network
Psychotic said:
gintama said:

Yeah, I wish this billion-dollar multinational company with its thousands of employees would just go out of business for what two of its employees did. I think it's totally fair that thousands of people should lose their livelihoods and the economy should take a big hit just because two people did something I don't like. Absolutely!

This is exactly why we can't have freedom of speech anymore. What, one employee said something I don't like? Boycott the company! Harass its executives! Run smear campaigns!

Sigh... Fascists everywhere, man.

that's my opinion , like many companies i don't like , i boycott them . how is that a bad thing or fascist ? 

if you don't like freedom of speech , what are you doing in a forum ?

sabvre42 said:

Do any of you liberals even fucking read the article before calling racism? At no point did they have any evidence that it had anything to do with race.

That is the epitome of a click bait title.

This. There where safety concerns, and the airline apologized once it was proven wrong, and they got rebooked. 

Seriously. And the constant attacks against anyone who isn't outright defending the family isn't something I'm going to be swayed by. You don't like my opinion, gladly argue against it. And with the islamic-assosiation of america or whatever demanding the staff face disciplinary action because of this sounds far more concerning...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

gintama said:

that's my opinion , like many companies i don't like , i boycott them . how is that a bad thing or fascist ? 

if you don't like freedom of speech , what are you doing in a forum ?

I can't answer this post. I can't tell you what I think about your opinions, I can't tell you what I think about you, I can't tell you how exactly you don't seem to understand English. Because I do not know how to do that without using a lot of swearwords and technical names for mental disorders, which would be against the rules of this forum. Sorry.

This is not the first time. People have been ousted just for speaking in Arabic. But in this case, the situation was handle unprofessionally. Seriously though, what safety issue?

Here is a video giving a full explaination of the incident. Even the other passengers was puzzled, and was asking why, explained by CAIR Chicago.

CAIR-Chicago press conference video: https://www.facebook.com/cairchicago/videos/10154828978329782/

Footage of the incident on the plane: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNYMt4LKn3I

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

They should have Muslims go on separate planes so that way everyone can feel safer.