By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (APRIL'S FOOLS!) "Nintendo should make a transgender Link in the new Zelda game"

Tagged games:

I doubt they have the technology to perform sex reassignment surgeries in the Zelda world.

Around the Network

That beautifull zelda girl... thats actually still a guy...

cue zelda girl with a beard time?

*sees Anita Saarkesian is the author*

Boutros said:
I doubt they have the technology to perform sex reassignment surgeries in the Zelda world.

No need, magic is more than enough.

Still don't understand the obsession with taking already established characters and twisting them to suit a social narrative. I would think creating new characters with new stories would be something the LGBT community could get into more. It just feels like a shallow attempt at being inclusive imo.

And why exactly is it a heterosexual woman, telling a dev, what a community she isn't part of wants? Wouldn't the appropriate thing be to hire LGBT artists/writers/etc... to create what they want? Dunno, it doesn't impact me greatly, because I don't really play Zelda games anymore...but, it doesn't come across as very genuine to just co-opt existing characters.

Around the Network
Wright said:

Source is TheMarySue.com

Author is Anita sarkeesian

"This alteration is simple, wouldn't take much effort and would make everyone happier. [...] Of course, Nintendo would probably object to the idea, considering their patriarchal attitude these past months, which includes a strong, independent female worker Alison Rapp being fired because of her ideals.

A slight bias in the above statement, maybe?

Nintendo says she was “terminated due to violation of an internal company policy involving holding a second job in conflict with Nintendo’s corporate culture.”

“Though Ms. Rapp’s termination follows her being the subject of criticism from certain groups via social media several weeks ago, the two are absolutely not related. Nintendo is a company committed to fostering inclusion and diversity in both our company and the broader video game industry and we firmly reject the harassment of individuals based on gender, race or personal beliefs. We wish Ms. Rapp well in her future endeavors.”

I'm very glad today is April Fools day.

mornelithe said:
Still don't understand the obsession with taking already established characters and twisting them to suit a social narrative. I would think creating new characters with new stories would be something the LGBT community could get into more. It just feels like a shallow attempt at being inclusive imo.

And why exactly is it a heterosexual woman, telling a dev, what a community she isn't part of wants? Wouldn't the appropriate thing be to hire LGBT artists/writers/etc... to create what they want? Dunno, it doesn't impact me greatly, because I don't really play Zelda games anymore...but, it doesn't come across as very genuine to just co-opt existing characters.

It's not a social narrative. It's the fact that Nintendo seems stuck with the "standard male save-the-day hero" instead of, you know, acknowledging there are diverse people that could take his place instead. Linkle was a start, now they have to keep that path, but doesn't seem they want to, judging what we know about ZeldaU.

DEAD_ORIGINAL said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Is that a penis reference?

Want to hear a joke about link's penis?

Never mind it's too long.

How impractical would be for him to wear white tights or tapered pants with a tunic.

This better be an April Fool's joke because this is an even more stupid idea than a female Link...which is already stupid enough.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261