By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (APRIL'S FOOLS!) "Nintendo should make a transgender Link in the new Zelda game"

Tagged games:

Cloudman said:
o: I'm surprised people fell for this.

Do you think it is because of who's the thread maker? xP

Around the Network
Wright said:
Cloudman said:
o: I'm surprised people fell for this.

Do you think it is because of who's the thread maker? xP

Yeah maybe. Perhaps you don't come off as a joker.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

It was pretty obvious since the beginning that the article was an april fools joke, but some of the reasonings in this thread weren´t, otherwise there wouldn´t be threads since like a year ago asking for a female Link.
I will say the same in every other thread, whether the op is just trolling like here or saying what he/she really thinks, I´ll still think it´s wrong to think that Nintendo should change Zelda.

Kennel83 said:

I´ll still think it´s wrong to think that Nintendo should change Zelda.

Zelda can stay the way she is. It's Link who we want to change!

Kennel83 said:
Wright said:

It's not obsession. It is a problem that needs to be adressed.

Maybe you're comfortable with the misrepresentation of arabs in videogames, but the Transgender collective is fed up being always ignored. They're also part of those consumers that make the videogame business thrive and succeed. So, it's only fair that they get the spotlight every once in a while, don't you agree? You should read the full article in the source, it adresses the importance of a transgender protagonist with factual points and solid evidence.

No one is blowing up here, people is just asking for change. Nothing wrong with that, no one is holding up Anouma's family hostage and demands that he changes the main character.

I can't with this. I find this topic so absurdly stupid (not trying to attack you directly nor I think you're stupid so please don't read it that way, but the point really is and I'll try to explain why). Why do they need to change The Legend of Zelda that much?

If you want variety and equality ask for it in NEW games but what's the point in changing an established series just because some want "equality". And what is equality anyway? In order to accomplish equality they would need to make a blank protagonist, where you could create the character from the ground because we are all different in so many ways.

Or they would need to make a white gay Link. A middle class white str8 Link. A str8 black Link/ gay black Link/ bisexual and transgender black Link and the same with asian Links, arab Link, latin american Link... and the same with female Link. And don't forget that women are different BUT every type of body is beautiful so we we'll need blond, brunette, ginger Links, fat Links and skinny Links tall and short female Link, and Goth Link, emo link, catholic Link, jehova witness Link, vegetarian Link, agnostic Link... jeez!! people should worry about other things, and respect the original idea of the creators. It's insulting to say that they should change it. As an artist, I wouldn't change a single thing, when the thing itself is not insulting to anyone, and if people feel that way they have a problem, cause they sure feel insulted everyday because of everything.

Every book, movie, tv series, videogame etc has to have this kind of equality? Let's turn Lara Croft and Samus into hunks because why not! And Harry Potter should be about a teenage lesbian that saves the world, just like trasgender Batman defeating crime as always has but more glamorous than ever. And my favourite: lets turn Mario into Mariah, a forty something year old woman that every single time tries to save christmas with the power of love and high notes from the evil Bawserina, a very feminine turtle that lives in an apple under the dead sea.

Tbh Link himself looks very feminine(looks great at the same time though). I think it's best to leave original characters untouched for the better.

Find diversity in all the dumb YA books that are being milked out nowadays. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
hershel_layton said:
Kennel83 said:

I can't with this. I find this topic so absurdly stupid (not trying to attack you directly nor I think you're stupid so please don't read it that way, but the point really is and I'll try to explain why). Why do they need to change The Legend of Zelda that much?

If you want variety and equality ask for it in NEW games but what's the point in changing an established series just because some want "equality". And what is equality anyway? In order to accomplish equality they would need to make a blank protagonist, where you could create the character from the ground because we are all different in so many ways.

Or they would need to make a white gay Link. A middle class white str8 Link. A str8 black Link/ gay black Link/ bisexual and transgender black Link and the same with asian Links, arab Link, latin american Link... and the same with female Link. And don't forget that women are different BUT every type of body is beautiful so we we'll need blond, brunette, ginger Links, fat Links and skinny Links tall and short female Link, and Goth Link, emo link, catholic Link, jehova witness Link, vegetarian Link, agnostic Link... jeez!! people should worry about other things, and respect the original idea of the creators. It's insulting to say that they should change it. As an artist, I wouldn't change a single thing, when the thing itself is not insulting to anyone, and if people feel that way they have a problem, cause they sure feel insulted everyday because of everything.

Every book, movie, tv series, videogame etc has to have this kind of equality? Let's turn Lara Croft and Samus into hunks because why not! And Harry Potter should be about a teenage lesbian that saves the world, just like trasgender Batman defeating crime as always has but more glamorous than ever. And my favourite: lets turn Mario into Mariah, a forty something year old woman that every single time tries to save christmas with the power of love and high notes from the evil Bawserina, a very feminine turtle that lives in an apple under the dead sea.

Tbh Link himself looks very feminine(looks great at the same time though). I think it's best to leave original characters untouched for the better.

I don't think he looks all that feminine to be honest though.  His character design looks like that of a male elf.  Absolutely nothing feminine about it.  Glad we at least agree that eatablished characters, Link included, should not be altered though.

Now if you want to get into a discussion of how most elves look feminine in comparison to humans, that is another topic entirely.  =P

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261