By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. April bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Well, No Xbox One in the Monthlies...

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:

Yep. For now, at least. If the hourlies and now the weeklies are any indication at least one SKU should pop back up into the top 100, but still, for it to not have a single SKU in the top 100 for the month isn't good. I have a feeling April is going to be a very bad month for the XBO. I think it's going to take more than a price cut to boost sales right now. Probably a $300 or even $250 slim model.

Well, the XBO is being sold for $300 right now, so undercutting the PS4 by $50 isn't helping it much. That said, I do want to hear from Abdiel first before making any conclusions about April. However, I can say with some confidence that the XBO won't do well next month and June, unless MS decides to use the XBO Slim card before E3. The PS4 will be dominating the headlines in May with Uncharted 4 and in June with Star Ocean V & No Man's Sky. Ratchet & Clank is not doing too shabby either. The story trailer has almost 5.5 million views and the movie will be out on the 29th.

Xbox seems like it's started on its gradual decline and no amount of price cuts is going to change that. Aside from the holidays, I see it selling considerably worse as the years go on, similar to Wii u.

I'm guessing Microsoft will do like Nintendo and fast track the next Xbox much sooner than we think. Could be wrong but that's what I think will happen.

15 Hours after last update:

HARDWARE
#14 PS4 Black Ops 3 Bundle (down 4)
#53 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 13)
#59 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 13)
#75 XB1 White Console Bundle (down 2)
#97 XB1 Name Your Game Bundle (re-entry)
#98 Vita (re-entry)
#366 PS4 Uncharted 4 Bundle (up 81)

SOFTWARE (Pre-Orders Only)
#06 PS4 Ratchet And Clank (up 1)
#08 PS4 Uncharted: A Thief's End (up 4)
#23 WiiU Starfox Zero (up 1)
#52 PS4 Star Ocean (down 6)

The PS5 Exists. 

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Xbox seems like it's started on its gradual decline and no amount of price cuts is going to change that. Aside from the holidays, I see it selling considerably worse as the years go on, similar to Wii u.

I'm guessing Microsoft will do like Nintendo and fast track the next Xbox much sooner than we think. Could be wrong but that's what I think will happen.

The brand is damaged and will not recover, NX coming out wont help either if it is the same price and more powerfull.

Around the Network

The Vita in the top100 .... that hasnt happend in along time (or just cant remember when).
R&C looks like its selling really good, same with Dark Souls on PS4.

iNathan said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

The brand is damaged and will not recover, NX coming out wont help either if it is the same price and more powerfull.

Yes, it look like PS2 generation : Nintendo will drop later a new hardware like the GameCube, but won't create a "new generation", same with MS if they do likewise.

Well, i guess we can all unanimouly agree that the 7th Gen was officialy an anomaly.

The tendencies have returned to normal, people expected another 7th Gen but instead we are witnessing another 6th and 5th Gen all over again with Playstation dominating as usual.

XB1 gonna have a terrible brutal May.

Could be under 100K that month.

Guys havent you noticed the ranks of the Digital Cards for the Ps4 and Xbox One?

Look at the PSN rankings:

#1 - PSN 20$

#3 - PSN 10$

#4 - PSN 50$

Then, you have the Xbox One Cards:

#15 - XBL 10$

#30 - XBL 20$

#42 - XBL 25$

#44 - XBL 50$

---------------------------------------------------

I think people are overestimating the amount of digital games that are sold on the Xbox Store, the cards are ranked way too low.