By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Miitomo Hits No. 1 on U.S. App Store in Less than 24 Hours

zorg1000 said:
KLAMarine said:
The heck does Miitomo do exactly?

Mii are the avatars people create on Nintendo devices.

Tomo is short for tomodachi which means friends.

So basically Miitomo means "me and my friends".

"It's actually my friends and I", I said, with a very annoying and bratty English teacher voice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

I had the day off so I've been messing around with it. Very fun, and I've talked to some people I haven't in months because of it. But, it's just my friends who are into Nintendo right now. If it could expand beyond that, it'll be something really special.

zorg1000 said:
KLAMarine said:

I'm aware of Miis, just wondering what Miitomo does exactly? Can people's Miis interact with each other or something?

i misread your last post, i thought you asked what does Miitomo mean.

but basically u just interact with other Miis by asking and answering questions.

Ah, I see. Thank you.

Well, it DOES have a huge ass banner as soon as you load up the app store lol. Still, pretty good imo. Hopefully, it gets the casuals interested in the brand again.

hershel_layton said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

I don't know how would they be able to do that. Bluetooth, maybe?

Angry birds had a feature where they would put QR codes on the button of figurines. It'd be placed on the front camera, which'd scan the QR code and the figurine would be used in the game.

Nintendo will probably keep amiibo for their consoles and devices, but i'd cringe if they made it for their apps

Amiibos are NFC based if I'm not mistaken, which is a technology most modern phones have.

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
hershel_layton said:

Angry birds had a feature where they would put QR codes on the button of figurines. It'd be placed on the front camera, which'd scan the QR code and the figurine would be used in the game.

Nintendo will probably keep amiibo for their consoles and devices, but i'd cringe if they made it for their apps

Amiibos are NFC based if I'm not mistaken, which is a technology most modern phones have.

I haven't kept myself up with phones and NFC compatibility.

All I know is that when Angry birds were huge, the company were greedy and made some overpriced pieces of trash as DLC(basically the worse version of Amiibos). They didn't have NFC, but instead used QR codes.

Either way, using things such as plastic figurines and whatnot for apps is disgraceful. Save that for consoles, not my phone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Awesome! Good to hear it'd doing well so far. Hopefully it is doing well worldwide and continues going strong.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Very good, congrats. Hopefully this app earn them some great amount of money.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Now if only they could do #1 again in the console market, would make things interesting...

Congrats on them though. Always liked Nintendo, even if I come off as a Microsoft fanboy.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

earlier in the morning EDT (8:30 AM), Miitomo was second to Snapchat. Then I believe when the west coast people woke up, and the word of mouth that Miitomo is up, everybody downloaded it.

I can't search Miitomo but able to find it while using just 'Mii". :)