By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Miitomo Hits No. 1 on U.S. App Store in Less than 24 Hours

KLAMarine said:
The heck does Miitomo do exactly?

Mii are the avatars people create on Nintendo devices.

Tomo is short for tomodachi which means friends.

So basically Miitomo means "me and my friends".

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

Dude chill none asked for this thread to be made talking about US.n Its good to know how it does WW. 

Thread title says otherwise. If he really wanted to talk about worldwide sales specifically (spoiler: he doesn't) he can make a thread for it. Also, Australia = Worldwide? Uh no, it's quite obvious why he was so specific.

JetSetter said:
NobleTeam360 said:

The US doesn't = the world?

Haven't you heard of globally in the U.S?

No, what is the phenomenom? 

Einsam_Delphin said:
jason1637 said:

Dude chill none asked for this thread to be made talking about US.n Its good to know how it does WW. 

Thread title says otherwise. If he really wanted to talk about worldwide sales specifically (spoiler: he doesn't) he can make a thread for it. Also, Australia = Worldwide? Uh no, it's quite obvious why he was so specific.

i wonder why you get so angry when a mobile app is number 21 in some places ? (because other users said the app is doing well , like UK , and you said nothing to them ; so it is not about "this thread is for US only") . 

zorg1000 said:
KLAMarine said:
The heck does Miitomo do exactly?

I'm aware of Miis, just wondering what Miitomo does exactly? Can people's Miis interact with each other or something?

Around the Network

Wow, for this to happen on US and Japan is huge. But then again everything Nintendo touches turns to doom. I can't wait for their actual IP based games. Well, I just hope they make good experiences like a good, solid, Fire Emblem. I'd love that so much.

gintama said:

i wonder why you get so angry when a mobile app is number 21 in some places ? (because other users said the app is doing well , like UK , and you said nothing to them ; so it is not about "this thread is for US only") . 

I wonder how you came to that conclusion if you've really been following along. I'm clearly and blatantly calling out a well known negative nancy towards all things Nintendo for excessive n unnecessary downplaying, I don't know how you can see it as anything else. His worldwide comment is a cheap attempt to save face that I've already exposed, nothing more.

KLAMarine said:
zorg1000 said:

I'm aware of Miis, just wondering what Miitomo does exactly? Can people's Miis interact with each other or something?

i misread your last post, i thought you asked what does Miitomo mean.

but basically u just interact with other Miis by asking and answering questions.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

CaptainExplosion said:
Ljink96 said:
Wow, for this to happen on US and Japan is huge. But then again everything Nintendo touches turns to doom. I can't wait for their actual IP based games. Well, I just hope they make good experiences like a good, solid, Fire Emblem. I'd love that so much.

Turns to doom? What are you getting at here?

That's just what the internet would have you to believe but it is often proven otherwise. If you were referring to Doom the game...Idk why. XD

Mr.GameCrazy said:
hershel_layton said:

Unless they introduce amiibo for smartphones.

heavy cringing

I don't know how would they be able to do that. Bluetooth, maybe?

Angry birds had a feature where they would put QR codes on the button of figurines. It'd be placed on the front camera, which'd scan the QR code and the figurine would be used in the game.

Nintendo will probably keep amiibo for their consoles and devices, but i'd cringe if they made it for their apps

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.