By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Final Fantasy XV PC Port Not Confirmed

The title's director Hajime Tabata asserted the development team "had to focus on the console version and our goal was to maximize, optimize everything for the HD consoles."

"Unfortunately we weren't able to do simultaneous development on a PC and console version for XV."

Once the console versions are complete, Tabata says his team will "definitely take a good, hard look at PC and what we need to do, and consider all our options. But right now we aren't decided, we're still considering a lot of things."

http://www.destructoid.com/no-final-fantasy-xv-pc-port-in-the-works-yet-352226.phtml

Around the Network

It'll happen, not that in fussed as I'm not a PC gamer but it will happen.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Based on that it sounds like it'll be a good bit before a PC version comes out.

Hate it. As a Final Fantasy addict I will be forced to play the potato version first and hate every minute of it. Once it comes out for PC I will no longer wanna play it because I already played it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Well its had zero development time on pc then so its probably going to be a long time until it sees a pc release

Around the Network
vivster said:
Hate it. As a Final Fantasy addict I will be forced to play the potato version first and hate every minute of it. Once it comes out for PC I will no longer wanna play it because I already played it.

Pretty much the same boat I'm in.  I'll get it for the PS4 because there will be no PC version at the time.  I won't get the inevitable PC version, because I already played the game.

It will release eventually. 3-5 years later like FF13.

Not confirmed, but more likely coming than not. SE has been slowly porting over most mainline FF games to Steam, so I don't see why they would stop at XV.

Ka-pi96 said:
RavenXtra said:
Not confirmed, but more likely coming than not. SE has been slowly porting over most mainline FF games to Steam, so I don't see why they would stop at XV.

That being the operative word!

Type 0 HD was released "just" 6 months after the console versions, so SE are improving in that regard. May not be *too* long (on a SE time scale, so about a decade or so) before we start seeing simultaneous releases. Especially if the eventual inevitable PC release of FFXV does well enough.

If they want to see 10m units, they'll need PC.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.