By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Perfect dark zero is just... well bad

LOL just be glad you didnt spend 9 hrs on it.(hey what can I say it was launch and the first game I bought) I can tell you it did not get better as it progressed. Whats truly sad is all of the good ratings it got from the press and the unbelivably ugly enemy character models.

Around the Network
tonyb said:
Is this another thread where wii-fanboys explain that RARE games can only be good when published by Nintendo? Yawn.

Well, its not that Rare games can only be good when published by Nintendo as much as it is Rare games were better when published by Nintendo. By 2001 (when Microsoft bought Rare) many of the better "senior" artists, developers and designers had left Rare because their reputations allowed for them to open up their own studio, or receive a promotion to work in another development house; when Microsoft actually took over Rare many of the remaining "senior" staff left to join their former co-workers. Beyond losing the experienced staff that made Rare the developer it was, Rare also lost their connection to Nintendo's "senior" staff who were heavily involved in mentoring many of Rare's designers.

A matter of fact... my friend bought it, he was a big fan of the original, but this game really disappointed him

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Hawk said:
What did I say? On another thread, I told you not to get this. ::shakes my head::

I am a big fan of the original, but PDZ is just horrible.

Yeah I remember... I'm sorry, I should have listened.

@tonyb - get a life... anybody on this site knows I'm pretty much neutral and will only slag off a game if it is actually bad. 

To be fair, Perfect Dark for the GBC was also turd. The thing that make the 360 version worse is its development costs and hype.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

This is so freaking hilarious because when I bought my X360 last christmas. The first games I bought and still have are Call of Duty 2, Halo 3 and Perfect Dark Zero.

I haven't touched this game yet. But IGN and Gamespot were praising the game like crazy, for example giving the game at least an 8. So I'm figuring it must be a cool game, I never played the original. So tonight when I get home from work, I will try this game out and see if I like it.

It's $15!! I am so tempted to buy this turd. I never played it, and I'm not the biggest FPS fan. Still, it's cheap!

eerrrr... yeah duhuh

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

It really is a bad game, like most launch titles since 1990.
Multiplayer is okay but way too slow, choppy and chaotic, and there's no balance what so ever.

Dude I told you not to buy it!!! It sucks!! Should had gotten Crackdown

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E