By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Share your naive childhood gaming stories!

Tagged games:

I didn't start drifting in Mario Kart until my twenties... seriously, I just didn't know how to do it correctly so I didn't bother.

I used to watch my older friend play Resident Evil on the PSone and when it was time to go back to my apartment at night the moment I closed his door I was convinced I'd be attacked and ran across our apartment complex in absolute fear.

My mom bought me an Atari Jaguar with CyberMorph and after listing to the floating head repeatedly ask me where did I learn to fly I blew up the Jaguar with minor explosives.

It took me an hour and a half to beat the final boss in final fantasy 7 because I gave him a few High Potions due to my anxiety over how many times I had to keep using potions on my party and rushing through selecting them.

Around the Network
Chazore said:

lol I was lucky my folks let me at the time (I was about 12-13), I think the whole killing Brad cutscene was what set up the fear initially, I mean seeing a guy have his face mauled by tentacles can do some crazy things to the mind of a kid, didn't help that the dread music would kick in just before he shows up and that would always cause me to run around like some headless chicken =P. When you get the mangum or rocket launcher though, that's a different story. 

Oh yeah once I got my hands on those powerful guns the roles changed and I was the one chasing nemesis.

I'm lying, even with a rocket launcher I still was scared D:

Mike321 said:

Oh yeah once I got my hands on those powerful guns the roles changed and I was the one chasing nemesis.

I'm lying, even with a rocket launcher I still was scared D:

Not alone there, I was too.

Remember those cop cars?, fuck those cop cars.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

CWegzz said:
In Super Mario 64... the piano in the Boo House level.

Christ, I swear that thing took years of my life, I just about had a heart attack the first time it came to life and tried to murder me.

Chazore said:

Not alone there, I was too.

Remember those cop cars?, fuck those cop cars.

Oh yeah that car, just when I though I could have a little moment of piece a damn zombie jumps out of it, that's resident evil at it finest tho. 

Around the Network

When i was 9 years old, i played my Uncle's PS1 game a little bit then i couldn't sleep for hours. God, the graphics were ugly & creepy... I thought Resident Evil 1 was creepy.

That was Silent Hill 1. xD

I used to think that holding down and b at the same time gave you more chance of catching pokemon

When I was a kid, I didn't know Smash attacks existed in Melee, so I always spammed special moves, like Fox's Up B.

I wanna slap my 5-year-old self now.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Before playing, I thought the ride previews from Theme Park were generated taking into account your design.
Was a bit let down when I noticed it was just a cutscene.

Nevertheless I was hyped when Theme Park World would let you do this later on.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I spent 6 hours trying to figure out how to "start" the Pokemon game (I.e. actually getting a Pokemon). It'd be about 6 years before I'd finally beat the game :P