By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Share your naive childhood gaming stories!

Tagged games:

t3mporary_126 said:
StarOcean said:
I thought Gen 2 of Pokemon was fake until 2009

Whoa, like the concept of generation 2 or that there only existed Gen 1 Pokemon in Pokemon universe?

I didnt understand the concept of Pokemon Gens. So I thought of them in a timeline release mindset just minus Gen 2. It wasnt until I found a copy at a GS that I realized they were real XD

Around the Network

When I had Super Mario World as a kid, I remember not knowing what Save & Continue and Continue Without Saving meant, so many times I selected the latter after hitting a Switch Palace or castle, not knowing that I had to restart from the beginning. And you know know what? I didn't mind starting from scratch. That's how much I loved that game.

The Legend of Zelda on NES was one of the first games I ever played and I remember wondering around for hours just killing monsters. I didn't realize for weeks that there was dungeons and a greater quest. I just thought I was some sort of pest control guy in an endless game.

I never blocked when playing video games like Smash and Tales of Symphonia

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

The first Silent Hill game was so scary to me when I played it for the first time in 1999. I simply couldn't play it by myself. My younger brother would sometimes watch me and that's the only time I would play it.

til this day I consider it one of the scariest games I personally played. Fucking terrified me as a kid. I never got pretty far but I replayed and finished years later. It still scared me.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

Not me but my brother I was referring to above got a hold of his friend's gameboy and Pokemon Blue in 1997 (Internet was not a thing yet for us). Pokemon buzz was strong though. Anyways he did not know how to catch Pokemon until he was pretty much finished with the game! We still joke about it. He literally almost finished the game with his Charazard and Gyrados that you got from an NPC early in the game (he gives you Magikarp actually).
We replayed the game together and the second experience was so much fun. Good times... I miss my brother :(. Why did we have to grow up and live so far apart!?

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I remember selling old mega drive games for money. Sylvester & Tweety in Cagey Capers, Boogerman, Road Rash 3 among the few regretted it so much at the time but now i sell games now on Amazon to fund new games, i don't see why keeping old games is so important, just clutters the house up.

i played gothic as i was like 10 in 2002.
Its an RPG where the world map is limited by an "macigal barrier" that kills you if you try to pass it.
I didnt realised that its just a computer game and thats the "map". I really thought there would be a complete world outside of the barrier (like it would be in real life). Also the atmosphere and credibitly on that game are fantastic.

So I tried several times to pass the barrier and discover the world. Some day i managed to do it by using cheats. I realised that there is no "big world" but just the border of the map and i felt in the skybox.

I thought t there was no such thing as a "broken game". They were made with computers and stuff.. It was just a matter of learning the game. Boy, was I wrong.

I was 6/7 and it was my very first time playing Pokémon Emerald (my first game EVER)  and I advanced in the story smoothly until I reached this very one route. for some unkown reason I though that the bicycle path portion near the house with the violet roof couldn't be crossed and that it was just an enormous wall, so I started travelling in the various cities, talking to every NPC I met and training my team hoping to find my way to proceed in the story. This took me about two months  (I recall my Blaziken beeing level 40/50 when usually at this time in the game it should be a level 25ish Combusken) and I managed to go under the bridge only because the girl friend who gifted me the game (and previously beat it) told me that it was a bridge. This is also the story of my very first facepalm !!