By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most disappointing game this generation for you?

Maybe Ultra Smash? I expected it to be like it's other counterparts: full of modes, characters, and extras, but ended up having far more bare bones. I expected more of Ninten.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
iceland said:
Either MCC or Halo 5

Oh dang.. Those are my favorite this gen. 

I only have a Wii U and 3DS so my response will be limited to its library.

In regards of Wii U I'll go with MK8 and SSBWii U. MK8 have wider tracks and terrible item management. For Smash, the lack of proper single player content, online community, rooster full of clones and bad stage design.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Far Cry 4.

I thought it was very average, and tedious in some places. It was Far Cry 3 in a different setting. You could say that about many franchises I guess, but none have felt so similar to me before.

Reallt have no interest in the series going forward.

Also, Super Mario Maker. It isn't Nintendo's fault, because the tools they provided are great. But 99% of the 'top' levels are autorunners or levels that are just ridiculously difficult. At least they were when I was playing the game a month or so after launch. I have no interest in browsing around for an hour each time just to find one good level that is well designed, but not stupidly difficult for the sake of it.

I don't know if it counts because it's a remaster, but Wind Waker HD. Having never played it before, I expected a lot more from it. Sure, it's beautiful, but the dungeons were disappointing and the game felt short on content. It's a bit sad actually, both of the GameCube Zeldas are my least liked from the 3D games =/

Around the Network

I'd have to go with Destiny. So much hype, time, and money put into a game that was just sort of average when I finally got my hands on it. It just proved to be underwhelming, and is one of the few games that I ultimately regret buying and putting much time into.

Watch Dogs was a sad joke... ummm I also really hated Destiny. Fallout 4 was also meh as well. So I think that's about it, though I'm hoping this doesn't continue to expand much farther.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Watch Dogs

SpaceLegends said:
I'd have to go with Destiny. So much hype, time, and money put into a game that was just sort of average when I finally got my hands on it. It just proved to be underwhelming, and is one of the few games that I ultimately regret buying and putting much time into.

Ah destiny. I actually forgot about it. I was so hyped for it I bought the expansion pass day one.. Hell, at the midnight launch. What a fool I was.

I guess The Witness - I did not expect much from it to begin with but I did not expect Sudoku compilation either but something more than that especially knowing how many years it was in development.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.