By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New PS4 this October (Rumour)

Saeko said:
If true i go PC only, i dont want upgrade my ps4 when i already do on my PC.

Mate, it's not an upgrade, just a new PS4 Model.   You will have 2 SKUs. And choose one if you don't have a PS4 yet; if you already have a PS4, it's up to you; I thnk I will buy it for Christmas, if true.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network

the only concern i have is why people (websites) are saying you'll need this to really make PSVR work well... they've opened pre-orders for the PSVR and people are going to be expecting it to run VR at an acceptable rate, if they need a new PS4.5 to run VR properly then that would of course be very poor.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Soundwave said:
The one thing I think Sony is being disingenuous about with this whole process is they weren't open about new hardware models/upgradability from the get go.

I think the people who bought a PS4 early on deserved to know a high spec version could been released just a couple of years in and/or there should've been a way to upgrade the existing PS4.

I don't have a problem with multiple hardware models, but you should be clear with the consumer that that is your business model from day 1.

Basically hardware generations are over now I guess?

Sony knew from the beginning that there would be a PSVR! If they knew from the beginning that it would need more power may not possible to prove. Remember when PS4 launched and everyone questioned why there was a big blue light on the controller that was not possible to shut off? Sony said that this light was going to be used in the future (VR-tracking!) "just you wait and see"!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/08/dualshock-4-light-bar-is-always-on    (july 2013)

http://news.softpedia.com/news/DualShock-4-Light-bar-Has-Multiple-Roles-by-Changing-Colors-350734.shtml    (May 2013)

thismeintiel said:

I'm hoping that's all it is.  Not sure why Sony would want to screw things up just as they are on top, again.  If people wanted half measures mid-gen, they would have embrassed the Sega CD and 32x.  Console gamers want a set of HW that will last them a gen.  If they wanted to upgrade every 2-3 years, they would already be gaming on PC.

That was, what...two decades ago. Things can change you know and in this case the implementation would be totally different. Also who gave you the authority to talk in place for console gamers in general?

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

baloofarsan said:
Soundwave said:
The one thing I think Sony is being disingenuous about with this whole process is they weren't open about new hardware models/upgradability from the get go.

I think the people who bought a PS4 early on deserved to know a high spec version could been released just a couple of years in and/or there should've been a way to upgrade the existing PS4.

I don't have a problem with multiple hardware models, but you should be clear with the consumer that that is your business model from day 1.

Basically hardware generations are over now I guess?

Sony knew from the beginning that there would be a PSVR! If they knew from the beginning that it would need more power may not possible to prove. Remember when PS4 launched and everyone questioned why there was a big blue light on the controller that was not possible to shut off? Sony said that this light was going to be used in the future (VR-tracking!) "just you wait and see"!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/08/dualshock-4-light-bar-is-always-on    (july 2013)

http://news.softpedia.com/news/DualShock-4-Light-bar-Has-Multiple-Roles-by-Changing-Colors-350734.shtml    (May 2013)

Pretty sure that light was used from the beginning with the ps camera.

Around the Network

Eh, guess I'll have to sell my PS4. And then buy the new one.

I'm getting a headache from all the rumor speculation crap, ugh!
#rumorsaretumors

naruball said:
baloofarsan said:

Yes, I know, but why would they not let it be possible to shut it off? A camera that has not been used very much would require an always on lightbar?

EDIT: It was done to make the Dualshock to be traceable in space, just like the Move controler.

"And of course, as [the Richard Marks] team pointed out, other than the depth that required the use of PS Move, identifying the precise 2D location of the player can be [done] by camera, if we put the LED bar on the controller."

http://news.softpedia.com/news/DualShock-4-Light-bar-Has-Multiple-Roles-by-Changing-Colors-350734.shtml

Mirson said:

The thing I'm afraid of is future games not being able to run on the old PS4 because that would be some bullshit right there.

I'm happy with my current PS4, but it sucks a new powerful version is coming out soon.

This is definitely the last thing on Sony and Developers minds. Remember that the only N3ds exclusive was a port of a game that would otherwise be impossible to run on the old hardware. No developer is building a AAA game for the ground up to run exclusively on PS4k, they would probably loose them a ton of money.

baloofarsan said:
naruball said:

Yes, I know, but why would they not let it be possible to shut it off? A camera that has not been used very much would require an always on lightbar?

And you think that's the reason? Same goes with VR. Even you have VR, it doesn't mean you'll use it all the time. They could enable turning off the light regardless of VR.