By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New PS4 this October (Rumour)

Anfebious said:
Saeko said:
If true i go PC only, i dont want upgrade my ps4 when i already do on my PC.

See, this guy gets it!

Consoles should be differnt from PC's.

Then you really should not own a PS4 or an XBone, as they are both custom PC's same architecture and everything.

I mean this is getting a little ridiculous, there were slight upgrades in the PS3 and 360 with upgraded specs throughout the gen, people didnt lose there minds over that. The only major difference I see is that games will be able to be "Upscaled" with the PS4K, if it comes to be that you cant play PS4K games on a PS4 then yes go on a rampage about how stupid that will be. Though do really think Sony would close out 40m of their user base and shun them from the sales that those consoles would bring for games come on. All i see this being is a PS4 slim that will allow 4K gaming through a method of being "Upscaled" otherwise if it is full 4k than you are looking at a console that would be about $600 or more and we know sony has learned from that mistake.

Around the Network

If they announced a PS4 with 4k blu-ray capability, I'd get one this fall.

I'm rich ill buy it.

...not at all rich, but ill still buy it.

Aerys said:
DivinePaladin said:
It's a fantastic idea to announce a more expensive upgrade of your console right around the time your brand new peripheral that you want people to buy the console for launches. Gives everybody confidence in the brand.

Plus it doenst make sense at all for people who already have a PS4, they will hesitate between buy the new model or buy the PSVR for those who wanted it, how many people would spend near from 1000 dollars/euros ? So they would kill the sales of one or the other releasing both at the same time.

As a Sony fan writing this from an Xperia Z5, I'm just more and more skeptical of the PS brand as time goes on this gen. Nothing they've done seems sincere since the Vita's launch essentially. It's fine to be a business but now I'm having doubts of how well the PSVR actually runs on PS4 original models with this and the PC comments. It seems like a classic bait and switch to get some quick sales, which is exactly what I've expected of the PSVR since it was Morpheus. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

If they announce this, I will postpone PSVR and get the PS4K.....
I think the base machine is the most important thing and I want to play Horizon etc as well as possible. Get the highest trade-in value on the old PS4.

If you're fine with normal PS4 then there is nothing to worry about. If you want the 60fps and higher res etc then get in early and get the best value.

It's just an extra option, all games will be playable on both!

Around the Network

I'm definitely not buying this. I really hope all the games will be playable on both consoles, because if not, I'll never buy a Sony console again.

Aerys said:
Ruler said:

How does this make sense if all PC is about newer and better hardware?

If it's to do everything like PC, i prefer the original.

No its like a Mac or Amiga if anything, but not like PC

Anfebious said:
Madword said:

Errrm no one is asking to you buy another one.... where is this entitlement from.

All of the games that are coming out on the PS4 will come out on the PS4, whats the problem?

Why not have all those graphical updates from the beggining? I can expect this kind of shit on a portable console but not on a home console.

Anfebious said:
Nate4Drake said:

Relax, nobody will force u to buy a new PS4;it's a great option for the ones who didn't buy it yet, and for the ones who Cam afford a second PS4, like me; this is good; you will still play every game, so what? 

Nice for them but what about me? I bought it a month or two after release! I don't get to enjoy those benefits because I bought the console "too soon"?

It's just a graphical update, I know it won't change my life but I spent a lot of money on my PS4. To know there is going to be a better version is unfair, home consoles shouldn't have this kind of "updates". As I said in one of my posts... I can understand this shit on a portable console but not on a home console.

dude you get more than your money worth if you bought it 2 months after launch, thats almost 3 years if it really comes out this year which i am doubting. In comparison PS1 to PS2 was a 5 years timeframe. And yes PS2 payed PS1 games with better performance like decreased loading times and texture filter for PS1 games, its not a new concept for PlayStaion.

I'll buy it day one! I am excited! Then again, I pretty much buy every console.

It'd be great if it came out on my birthday.

Roronaa_chan said:
I still think it's just a slim like model that happens to have 4k related funtionalities (mostly media, not games). Some fool(s) in the leak chain who doesn't know any better (omg 4kkk??!! xboxdone!) thought it was about game power and so we have these flawed rumours

I'm hoping that's all it is.  Not sure why Sony would want to screw things up just as they are on top, again.  If people wanted half measures mid-gen, they would have embrassed the Sega CD and 32x.  Console gamers want a set of HW that will last them a gen.  If they wanted to upgrade every 2-3 years, they would already be gaming on PC.