By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New PS4 this October (Rumour)

I feel this is more legit.

http://wccftech.com/rumor-playstation-45-release-date-price-pinned/

"A recent rumor suggests that Sony’s Playstation 4.5 (PS4.5) will be releasing this Holiday season for

$ 400.00.

The rumor comes from a video uploaded by Roster Teeth’s multimedia channel – The Know. According to a newly published video, their sources confirm that the Playstation 4.5 will be releasing during this year’s Holiday season for $400.

Another interesting tidbit is that the source states that developers are already developing games for Sony’s upgraded PS4 system. The extra horsepower that comes with the PS4.5, is said to allow for a noticeable performance increase. Games developed specifically for the Playstation 4.5 will still work on the original PS4, but with a difference in performance.

As usual with these kinds of rumors, take the above mentioned info with a grain (or bag?) of salt. As reported earlier this week by website Eurogamer, Sony’s R&D labs allegedly already have prototype devices. According to Eurogamer, sources confirm that the PS4.5 is really happening.

Everything we’ve heard positions PlayStation 4K as a machine capable of playing current and next-generation ultra HD media, while also offering support for other aspects of the 4K spec, such as high-dynamic range and a wider colour gamut – aspects of the 4K spec that could be introduced to gaming. However, in terms of additional computational power, we’ve got be realistic about what Sony can deliver with a mid-generation refresh.

We can say that with some degree of certainty because PlayStation 4K will almost certainly use an evolved version of the APU technology used in the current console. Once again we will see semi-custom versions of AMD’s CPU and GPU technology integrated into a single, console-friendly processor, and thanks to the firm’s openness with its technology roadmaps, we have a good idea of the base building blocks Sony has access to in building its next PlayStation.

We also know about the fabrication technologies available. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One arrived when 28nm microprocessors were firmly established, and right now the industry is moving on to 14nm and 16nm chips using 3D ‘FinFET’ transistors. Shrinking transistors and innovative new architecture are what make generational leaps in computational power possible."

Around the Network
Madword said:
Rafie said:

...well "technically" you will no longer be getting the best version. There will be a version better due to this 4k thing. They should have done this from the jump.

Hopefully they secretly already have hardware in existing PS4's and just release a firmware update. I know that's unlikely though.

You realise at some point they'll realease a new console right, so it doesnt matter if its today, tomorrow, or a year from now, someone somewhere will only have just purchased a console and will be raging. It's a stupid argument, if you want to play the games coming out on the PS4, then a PS4 console is perfectly fine.

People are jumping to so many conclusions about a console that has not even been made official. I personally believe its a console that is made to support a 4k TV and thats about it. It's not going to be a massive difference.... but people will still complain.

If you want technically the best version you'd buy a PC with SLI graphics, so lets not use that excuse. And lets not go down the route of secret hidden hardware which will be enabled by a firmware... If the PS4 doesnt support 4K tv's natively, so be it, you didnt buy it because it didnt do that before hand right?

You okay bro?

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

I'm on the camp of those that think that this new PS4 is just an updated model with HDMI 2.0 and ready to upscale its content to 4K 60Hz, and that "jornalists" on the internet are just jumping into conclusions that fall more in line of what they want, rather than what is actually doable right now.

In any case, if it's true I expect a lot of fools selling their current PS4s to upgrade to the better machine, even if they won't use the extra capabilities. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to find a second hand PS4 for 150€ this Christmas and, is that happens, I can see myself getting it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Man you guys suck. Sony fans are the absolute worst.

In the past, I've seen xbox guys here buy 3,4,5,6 consoles or more for as little reason as a palette swap.

I'm telling you, dude, Sony fans....you guys have no dedictation

It's a fantastic idea to announce a more expensive upgrade of your console right around the time your brand new peripheral that you want people to buy the console for launches. Gives everybody confidence in the brand.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network

Well, I haven't bought a Ps4 so far, so I might as well wait for the new model.
That said, it really sucks if it is true that they are fragmenting their playerbase like this.

Madword said:
oodles2do said:
I really think all the PS4K will be is a PS4 that allows proper 4K output at 60hz. It'll have a 2.0a HDMI for HDR too and maybe an ultraHD blu ray player. This will be to make Sony a force in the ultraHD blu ray player world as they didn't announce once this year unlike Panasonic and I think Samsung

I agree 100%, I think gaming websites have done their usual run off lots of stories, copy other peoples rumour mills. I believe the console is to support 4k TV's because sales of those TV's are increasing, so why not try to have a device that supports it, in fact the original rumours for the console was that it would support 4k tv. I actually dont think it has that much to do directly with gaming, it might have a slightly better performance, but it will still have only 8gb ram etc 9 (imo).

Basically, the only reason for the ps4.5 is to support psVR without having to downgrade the headset.

In the past, Sony would have downgraded the peripheral to funciton with the hardware. I think it's smart.

Rumors are getting stronger... I think at this point something must be true after all. Anyway, I believe this upgrade will be similar to N3DS... it will add some extras, in this case it will add 4K video support (not for games obviously) and some integration with PSVR, and will probably run games a bit better. For example: a game like Dark Souls III that drops fps from time to time will probably run at a locked 30fps. But other than that, nothing major... I don't think games will start running at 4k or at 1080p60fps like some are suggesting. That's how I imagine it.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

DivinePaladin said:
It's a fantastic idea to announce a more expensive upgrade of your console right around the time your brand new peripheral that you want people to buy the console for launches. Gives everybody confidence in the brand.

Plus it doenst make sense at all for people who already have a PS4, they will hesitate between buy the new model or buy the PSVR for those who wanted it, how many people would spend near from 1000 dollars/euros ? So they would kill the sales of one or the other releasing both at the same time.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Hope it's true, I'd buy it day one.