By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New PS4 this October (Rumour)

baloofarsan said:
naruball said:

And you think that's the reason? Same goes with VR. Even you have VR, it doesn't mean you'll use it all the time. They could enable turning off the light regardless of VR.

Oculus Rift was the future 2012, of course Sony had to prepare for VR, but it was still uncertain what VR would mean in hardware.

I have not heard any good explanation to why the lightbar can not be shut off. They knew they had to track the controller in space. 

"And of course, as [the Richard Marks] team pointed out, other than the depth that required the use of PS Move, identifying the precise 2D location of the player can be [done] by camera, if we put the LED bar on the controller."   (May 2013)

http://news.softpedia.com/news/DualShock-4-Light-bar-Has-Multiple-Roles-by-Changing-Colors-350734.shtml

EDIT: 

"Richard Marks is the director of Sony PlayStation’s Magic Labs research division and he’s responsible for dreaming up Sony’s Project Morpheus virtual reality headset"

http://venturebeat.com/2015/06/18/sonys-vr-chief-aims-to-create-magical-morpheus-experiences/

Your hypothesis still makes no sense. You're saying that the light is for VR (fine) and then jump to the conclusion that it cannot be turned off because of VR. There is a logical step missing.

Around the Network
Anfebious said:

I know, and I also know that I won't be buying this Ps4.5 if it's real. The real problem for me is consoles trying to be like Pc's, what's the point in buying a console that will later get an upgrade? Might was well get a PC.

If you take out the easy access from consoles you are only left with exclusives.

I understand what you mean about expensive. Here in the USA you can get it for $350 new, and sometimes even cheaper with incentives; however, latin america is different. Went to mexico recently and it costs 8950 pesos for a new PS4. Divide that by 17.5 and it's equivalant to $511.42, and that's not taking into account that most people over there average no more than $4000 pesos a month, sometimes less.

I wouldn't buy a PS4 it it cost over $8000 to my $3200 a month wage (after taxes, being single sucks sometimes).

DraconianAC said:
Anfebious said:

I know, and I also know that I won't be buying this Ps4.5 if it's real. The real problem for me is consoles trying to be like Pc's, what's the point in buying a console that will later get an upgrade? Might was well get a PC.

If you take out the easy access from consoles you are only left with exclusives.

I understand what you mean about expensive. Here in the USA you can get it for $350 new, and sometimes even cheaper with incentives; however, latin america is different. Went to mexico recently and it costs 8950 pesos for a new PS4. Divide that by 17.5 and it's equivalant to $511.42, and that's not taking into account that most people over there average no more than $4000 pesos a month, sometimes less.

I wouldn't buy a PS4 it it cost over $8000 to my $3200 a month wage (after taxes, being single sucks sometimes).

I bought my Ps4 in Argentina, it cost me 1000 US dollars.

That was 2 years ago.

The prices over here are crazy.

people yelled and screamed that ps4/xbox1 games were nothing more than last gen games with higher resolution and framerates and that made this gen not worth upgrading to.

people yelled and screamed for 2 years that developers need to stop supporting ps360 and release next-gen exclusives.

now the ps4k isn't even formally announced and it is already assumed the ps4 is obsolete.

i lol'd.

naruball said:
baloofarsan said:

Your hypothesis still makes no sense. You're saying that the light is for VR (fine) and then jump to the conclusion that it cannot be turned off because of VR. There is a logical step missing.

Yes I know, I can not prove anything really.

But as I "researched" I came to the conclusion that the person (Richard Mark) that is the head of Sonys VR-research is also one of the people that was instrumental in having a lightbar on the Dualshock before the PS4 was released.

Why the lightbar can not be turned off is a mystery.

I will look in to it some more and maybe come back with a separate thread, as this is a little off topic.

Around the Network

Maybe they're going discless.

Anfebious said:
AEGRO said:

Didnt you post this on the "Hardcore Mode in Star Fox Zero apparently locked behind Falco Amiibo" thread?:

"You guys are a bunch of whinny little girls. I can't wait until the game comes out and everyone realizes you can unlock that mode by completing the game in normal (the falco amiibo being a faster way to unlock it). 

Stop crying before the game is even released."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why dont you follow your own advice and wait till the rumor is either confirmed or denied before Fucking Off Sony?

Pshh do as I say not as I do.

Besides Nintendo gets a free pass from me.

At least you are honest

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

kitler53 said:
people yelled and screamed that ps4/xbox1 games were nothing more than last gen games with higher resolution and framerates and that made this gen not worth upgrading to.

people yelled and screamed for 2 years that developers need to stop supporting ps360 and release next-gen exclusives.

now the ps4k isn't even formally announced and it is already assumed the ps4 is obsolete.

i lol'd.

Now:

PS4/XB1 owners scream that Xbox 360/PS3 are holding gaming back.

PC owners scream that PS4/XB1 are holding gaming back.

Future:

PS4.5 owners scream that PS4/XB1 are holding gaming back.

PC owners scream that PS4.5 is holding gaming back.

We are trying to save some money to buy PSVR and now we have a new PS4.5. I cant really afford both. I will stick with my current PS4.

On a side note, Sony has been always one step ahead of Microsoft this generation. While MS was talking about the future of upgradable console, Sony was actually working on it and almost getting it ready for release.

Microsoft cant even take a breath.

AEGRO said:
DraconianAC said:

I bought my Ps4 in Argentina, it cost me 1000 US dollars.

That was 2 years ago.

The prices over here are crazy.

Yup, bought my Ps4 for $8950 Pesos. It's crazy expensive! I got it as a birthday present, a part went from me and part went from my family.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"