By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New PS4 this October (Rumour)

WC4Life said:
Give me 60fps/1080p. I don't care about 4K since it would lead to 30fps....again. I want GT7 to visually annihilate DriveClub. I've been waiting FF7R for over a decade now and the last thing I want is PS4 specs holding it back.

So please Sony, make PS4K a significant upgrade for those who are willing to pay for it.

$499 Day 1, don't hold back Sony

The current version of PS4 struggles to reach 1080P/30 fps in some game, the graphical upgrade would allow not only 4k but a better more steamlined 1080p/60fps. 

Both Sony and Microsoft really missed the graphical bar for this generation of games. Both these concoles should of been able to produce great 1080P/60fps graphic and it would of been acceptable that they don't support 4K. But turns out they the system have a hard time with 1080P especially Microsft Xbox One.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Anfebious said:

Of course I don't have to (and I won't) but this feels even worse than Nintendo with the DS! That one is a portable console (it's cheaper) this is a PS4!!! And just for a graphics update? Bullshit.

You can trade in your ps4 and use the money for the new ps4. 

And what does it mean just for a graphics update? do you want to have it exclusive games as well?

We don't have that kind of "trade your ps4 and get money" stuff over here.

I rather not have it at all.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Ruler said:
Aerys said:
Xbox One upgraded version, PS4K, NX

If all of it happen this generation, i would be done with consoles and will go PC only

How does this make sense if all PC is about newer and better hardware?

If it's to do everything like PC, i prefer the original.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

It makes sense that its launching the same month as psvr

The thing I'm afraid of is future games not being able to run on the old PS4 because that would be some bullshit right there.

I'm happy with my current PS4, but it sucks a new powerful version is coming out soon.

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
I still think it's just a slim like model that happens to have 4k related funtionalities (mostly media, not games). Some fool(s) in the leak chain who doesn't know any better (omg 4kkk??!! xboxdone!) thought it was about game power and so we have these flawed rumours

Most likely. Cheaper to manufacture and adding better support for 4K media and HDR video. I don't see why, when they are selling good numbers and winning easily, they would risk it with an upgrade that could alienate/piss off almost 40 M customers.

Despite that, it's ridiculous to assume that they could launch a 400 bucks unit that does 4K. Currently, we have 600+ dollars GPUs that fail to do so with a single card.

Hopefully, it targets better frame rates. Otherwise, absolutely zero interest. I'd just stick with my pc

Hi

Hmm...if this rumor is true then it looks as if I'll be waiting for the PS5 instead of support this type of business practice.

So with the PS4K practically official, will this mean that sales of PS4 "BASIC" will take a dive?
Will this result in Sony being forced to lower the price of PS4 "BASIC" to under $300?
Does there exist any data from the 3DS to N3DS transition that give a hint of what will happen?
Can Sony afford to wait for E3 to give more information?
Will MS scrap their plans for Xbox 1,5?
Or will MS make something else?

Is this the death of PSVR - $800 to get the "full" experience?

One month ago I was thinking that this site would be dull (except for NX threads) this year, but now there will lots of fun with sales numbers again!

Anfebious said:
I'm not buying another fucking PS4, the one I have is very expensive already and they want me to buy another one? Fuck you Sony.

Errrm no one is asking to you buy another one.... where is this entitlement from.

All of the games that are coming out on the PS4 will come out on the PS4, whats the problem?

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!