By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Naughty Dog Teasing Jak And Daxter?

I would like a new Jak game. Sanzaru did a great job with the last Sly game, they would be a good choice to make it. They could potentially make a great open world action platformer with the license.

But it is unlikely to happen, think people may be reading too much into it.

Around the Network

I wish they did another Jak and Daxter but that'll never happen. I loved Jak and Daxter while Uncharted/2 bore me

DivinePaladin said:
GribbleGrunger said:

They were definitely not average.

Try them again. 1 was fun but shorter than an indie game, II is a disgusting mess that is somehow beloved because of nostalgia, and 3 is fun but stuck trying to make sense out of what happened in II. 

Also, who's Jack?

Keybladewielder said:
I wish they did another Jak and Daxter but that'll never happen. I loved Jak and Daxter while Uncharted/2 bore me

Yeah, same as you. I played Uncharted 1 (not 2) and 10 hours in I was terribly bored playing it. While I find Jak and Daxter 2 a terrific platformer. I know, times change, but holy shit, that game was fun. But I really dislike TPS, unless they have an amazing lore and story behind (Uncharted plot is just... bland), or some innovation on shooter mechanics. It's a shame they decided to totally ditch that platformer side of them to go all TPS. Again, this is my POV, I get that some people might prefer what they're doing now, I just find it boring.

It hurts me a little. But I believe that Sony may have the intention of reviving some of their classic IPs via mobile.

I hope I'm wrong. But it will totally make sense from a business point of view.

Around the Network

I really liked that art of the Jak 4 cancelled project. I would like to see something like that.

the-pi-guy said:
DivinePaladin said:

I'm not sure what I'll see differently the ~8th time for me playing the game.   There are plenty of games that I liked when I was little, that coming back to them were bad.  Jak II wasn't one of those games for me.  Still found it an enjoyable, albeit imperfect experience.  

My second playthrough felt slightly better than the first in a sort of I hate myself masochistic kind of way - it helps that I'm fairly certain my game glitched out most of the health drops in my first playthrough, but it's still a badly designed game. It's one of few games I can say is outright bad simply because of how poorly designed it is in pretty much every way. It's sort of like Mega Man classic series in that regard, where objectively the games have bad design but they're enjoyable to some (myself included on MM).

I've gone on record in the past saying I'd take Sonic 06 before Jak II and I still stand by that. I can take some enjoyment out of Sonic 06 because of how bad it is and because it's easy to speedrun because it's so broken. With Jak it's just a slog through missions I hate sprinkled in between missions I don't mind every now and then because of poor enemy placement or bad mechanics or some other problem. It gets worse near the end of the game for sure though. 06 is clearly the worse game but it's not dreadfully boring in its poor quality like Jak II is. 

We all have guilty pleasure games though, so more power to you if you enjoy it. I don't pull punches on bad game design though, even on games I enjoy. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

ND are sony's premier development studio so i think they're now too big to make cartoon platformers. The ideal outcome would be if they gave the game to another studio with ND overseeing the project.

Please God....

Wow Sony lately loves to tease with their IPs, they've teased Crash, Jack & Daxter and God of War. I'm really curious to see how many out of the three (if any) will appear at E3...