By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Naughty Dog Teasing Jak And Daxter?

Smiley face tells me it's definitely either a tease or trolling.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Edit: ^^ 0_0

A next gen Jak would be orgasmic.

Maybe E3 clears this up?

JRPGfan said:
Maybe E3 clears this up?

That would complete this years E3 megaton trio, but naughty dog wouldn't be working on both crash and jak.

GribbleGrunger said:
DEAD_ORIGINAL said:
Please no they were average.

They were definitely not average.

Try them again. 1 was fun but shorter than an indie game, II is a disgusting mess that is somehow beloved because of nostalgia, and 3 is fun but stuck trying to make sense out of what happened in II. 

Also, who's Jack?

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network
DivinePaladin said:

Also, who's Jack?

The brother of John Shit?

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Mystro-Sama said:
They need to stop mentioning the fucking game if they're not going to make another one. :/

This is the first time I've seen them mention the game.

They've mentioned it before, but only in response to someone asking them about a new Jak and Daxter game, to which they've said (paraphrasing) they've moved on as a dev from younger style games, and want to explore more adult experiences.  But yeah, I can't recall them bringing up the subject of a new Jak and Daxter unsolicited.

DivinePaladin said:
GribbleGrunger said:

They were definitely not average.

Try them again. 1 was fun but shorter than an indie game, II is a disgusting mess that is somehow beloved because of nostalgia, and 3 is fun but stuck trying to make sense out of what happened in II. 

Also, who's Jack?

Thats in your opinion, but there's obviously a large group of people that would welcome a next gen jak game developed by Naughty Dog with what they know now.

And I wanna see Daxter as a witty little rodent in HD.

I'm sure I'll buy a PS4 someday, but if this is legitimately teasing Jak 4, that day will come much sooner.

bet: lost

mornelithe said:
GribbleGrunger said:

This is the first time I've seen them mention the game.

They've mentioned it before, but only in response to someone asking them about a new Jak and Daxter game, to which they've said (paraphrasing) they've moved on as a dev from younger style games, and want to explore more adult experiences.  But yeah, I can't recall them bringing up the subject of a new Jak and Daxter unsolicited.

I'm fairly certain they revealed the canned Jak 4 unsolicited when talking about how TLoU started. To quote Josh Sherr, "it's also dictated by what the market wants," and he then effectively said they'd never go back to Jak because most of the Jak team has since left. Hell a good chunk of the Uncharted team is gone at this point too. Druckmann and Straley's coup has vastly reformed ND as a studio. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!